Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSI CR400 no display

Originally posted by xaviero1412 View Post
    do not do anything for gpu n SB , it will make it worse if you do....
    as you describe , check your vcore voltage...

... Hi.. Apakah anda berada di indonesia?
    Apakah anda di jakarta? Saya mengalami kerusakan Notebook MSI CR400,
    Kondisi Rusak:
    1. Power ON
    2. LED HDD Menyala
    3. LED Sleep (gambar bulan sabit) Menyala
    4. Kondisi Display tidak tampil <<<< MATI
    5. NUMLOCKs / CAPSLOCK tdk berfungsi
    6. jika FN + Bluetooth nyala, FN + WIFI nyala

artinya : NOTEBOOK tidak berfungsi ,. Anda punya solusi nya? Mohon bantuan, TKS
    Thanks
    Regards

Comment

Guys who are new to this, head over to the 'Toshiba locks up when plugged in' thread, tonnes of questions answered in there.

Replaced Tokin 3 times myself. Use a pair of pliers for the top layer, and a sewing needle to remove the more stubborn bottom layers. Replaced OE907 with 4x330uF 2.5v 6mOhm ESR caps, but 2v and up to 15mOhm ESR should be OK reading around.
      Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by spleenharvester View Post
        Guys who are new to this, head over to the 'Toshiba locks up when plugged in' thread, tonnes of questions answered in there.

Replaced Tokin 3 times myself. Use a pair of pliers for the top layer, and a sewing needle to remove the more stubborn bottom layers. Replaced OE907 with 4x330uF 2.5v 6mOhm ESR caps, but 2v and up to 15mOhm ESR should be OK reading around.
        Hi,. spleenharvester

I will try the suggestions you have provided, we will see growth after I did what you suggested,.
        Thanks
        Regards

Comment

Originally posted by edvaswitz View Post
          @fddizon,

rs caps replacement works great. i had a hard time removing the nec tokin ring. after i finished replacing it with 4pcs of 330uf 2.5v and turn it on, it works smoothly.

again, thanks for the tips.
          Hi ed, can you tell us the specific rs caps you have used as replacement? Thanks!

Comment

Hi ,
            i have added the three caps as mentioned in the earlier post.

The laptop turned on and working perfectly.
            But the issue is that the sleep led stays on what else could be the problem and how to rectify that.

Thanks a lot every one in this post for the solution

atit tandon.

Comment

Hi my MSI CR400 with power but no display

Comment

Originally posted by fddizon View Post
                hi,

when powered on, no display, fan spinning, power led is lit, sleep led is lit.
                5v 3.3v alw are ok. Coils near cpu has .01 and .02 volts.

What does this mean?
                nec tokin is the problem try to replace it w/ 2 pcs smd capacitor (330) is the value

Comment

Originally Posted by kenttech16
                  I think your problem is the same with toshiba satellite L300 series,if you are familiar with this one and if not you can search it here. The NEC/TOKIN is the culprit, it is the same with the one on top of the cpu (encircle in red) see attachment. Try to replace it with smd capacitor 4 X 330 uf 2.5v.

I've already tried and repaired 5 more of this model and and voila it works for
                  me. Before I also thought it was the Nvidia gpu was the problem, tried reflow and yet no luck then i suddenly realize the capacitor is the same with NEC/TOKIN from Satellite L300.

Hope this works for you.Good luck and let me know what happened.
                  Can i use Capacitor Tantalum TPE series 2.5V 330uF 7mOhm ESR from Panasonic? I have the same problem here and i have disassembled my MSI-CR400 waiting for the correct capacitor to be added on the vacant pad as 'kenttech16' mention in his post
                  Last edited by LENOVO-A880; 02-19-2014, 05:42 AM.
                  "If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way."
                  -Napoleon Hill

"The chip that functions abnormally will be desoldered, as they say."
                  -Charles Stross

"Why is it you're always too small or too tall?"
                  -The Mad Hatter

Comment

lenovo,
                    i think you can use that... its the same specifications to what we use

Comment

Originally posted by kenttech16 View Post
                      I just thought you removed the proadlizer cap and then replaced it with tantalum. Well, you can do it also without removing the proadlizer by putting smd caps 2-3 to vacant pads just besides the proadlizer area as shown on the attached picture for smd caps. It always works for me. Just let me know what happened.
                      Hi Fddizon,
                      Actually I'm new here in this forum so i have a few questions to ask...i recently google around and found out the problem for MSI-CR400 tokin replacement with 4pcs of 330uf 2.5v tantalum caps will solve the problem forever but all the sources that i had searched around don't really help a lot because i don't have all those right tools to replace it. I had recently disassembled my CR-400 and now thinking to just find an easier solution to just tapping in the tantalum cap or just putting them to vacant pads just besides the proadlizer area like what Mr.Ken had already mentioned in one of his post.....second question is do i need a good soldering tool or normal one to do the job and if good one is needed what is the best watts of the solder should i purchase (to avoid any damaged to the motherboard)...?Pls see the thumbnails below that i have attached if i get all this correct and let me know if i'm wrong.

Thank You,
                      LENOVO-A880
                      (New Member)
                      Attached Files
                      -Napoleon Hill

-Charles Stross

-The Mad Hatter

Comment

Hi,

when powered on, no display, fan spinning, power led is lit, sleep led is lit.
                        5v 3.3v alw are ok. coils near cpu has .01 and .02 volts.

what does this mean?
                        it sounds like nec tokin issue sir.. check at the back of your processor socket if there is nec tokin.. if it has nec tokin try to replace 330 smd capacitor 2 pcs.. but u check first the connection before you install it.

Comment

ken,

i tried putting 4 330uf tantalum capacitors to no avail. still no vcore voltage.
                          sir, in many cases ive already encountered using tantalum capacitor doesnt work in toshiba, msi.. but it works in acer.. try using smd capacitor color black and check if it has letter d printed in capacitor.. we named it as negative dont use tantalum the white one because in many cases it doesn work..

Comment

I think color doesn't matter as long as the values are correct. I use 330uf 2.5 volts with 7 mOhm esr.

In msi boards I use 2-3 of them. Toshiba and acer 4-8 pcs.

d=2.0 volts and e=2.5 volts

Comment

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post
                              I think color doesn't matter as long as the values are correct. I use 330uf 2.5 volts with 7 mOhm esr.

Hi lezsimply,
                              Can I use NIC Components ±20% 470μF 2.5V dc SMD Tantalum Electrolytic Capacitor, 7343 ESR 6mΩ 105°C Case V from RS Components in my country because as i know the specifications for NEC Tokin OE907(WR 2R5901) which on my motherboard has an ESR value of 1.5mΩ. If i purchase 4, the total value of the ESR should be 1.5mΩ as each of the 6mΩ/4caps = 1.5mΩ ?
                              However that will be quiet a lot of ripple current which is 4caps x 470μF = 1880μF. Will this be possible ? or What is the difference between the 2 different models of the NEC Tokin where one is OE907 and another is 2R5901 ?
                              -Napoleon Hill

-Charles Stross

-The Mad Hatter

Comment

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post

it depend to your experience.. but for me i try several times in toshiba and msi.. it doesnt work.. but when i try to use the black smd capacitor it work for me..

Comment

Originally posted by ry x hunter View Post
                                  it depend to your experience.. but for me i try several times in toshiba and msi.. it doesnt work.. but when i try to use the black smd capacitor it work for me..
                                  I have actually safely remove the NEC Tokin but the + terminal strips is bothering me. It is usually stay attached to the PCB and have to be removed seperately. There is not much left to be removed actually. As you had mentioned in your last post that using the white capacitor will actually reduce successful rate so i decided to order 4 of the black SMD capacitor (NIC component) from RS components in my country and i wish that i'm correct.
                                  One thing is how do you actually remove the remaining materials on the + terminal strips safely?
                                  Attached Files
                                  -Napoleon Hill

-Charles Stross

-The Mad Hatter

Comment

i use hot air and soldering iron together but before using the tools, i apply more solder leads to pads and touch the pads with the tip of the soldering iron plus heating it up the tip using hot air at the same time. also put flux to the pads

nectokin remains will come off easily.

Comment

i use hot air and soldering iron together but before using the tools, i apply more solder leads to pads and touch the pads with the tip of the soldering iron plus heating it up the tip using hot air at the same time. also put flux to the pads

Hi fddizon,
                                      What is the difference between using Tantalum electrolytic and Ceramic type capacitors ? If possible i will be getting the ceramic capacitors but anyway i need to clear up my doubts in deciding between the 2 types of caps first. Would you pls help me on this ? The ceramic caps i want to use is 'Murata 100μF ±20% 6.3V dc X5R Dielectric Ceramic Multilayer Capacitor' from RS component in my country with mfg p/n 'GRM31CR60J107ME39L'.

Would 10 of these caps apply the same function replacing the NEC Tokin on MSI-CR400 mobo?
                                      -Napoleon Hill

-Charles Stross

-The Mad Hatter

Comment

i think they will do the same as the tantalum.
                                        as we can see most of the capacitors used were ceramic caps other than nec tokin proadlizer caps on most motherboards.

much easy to install because ceramic caps are non polar and small, fits better on the pads too.

Comment

i think they will do the same as the tantalum.
                                          as we can see most of the capacitors used were ceramic caps other than nec tokin proadlizer caps on most motherboards.

much easy to install because ceramic caps are non polar and small, fits better on the pads too.
                                          Hi Fddizon,
                                          I have ordered the 10 caps with RS Stock No.GRM31CR60J107ME39L and will arrived to me maybe next week. I'm new to all this replacement tokin stuff, actually so i will really appreciate that you can give some tips and help me for replacing and installing the 10 caps as soon as they are delivered to me. For installing the murata caps what kind of tools i need to have in order to safely perform the job etc.type of soldering flux, hot air and soldering iron, type of solder leads/wire ?And will putting flux to the pads(on PCB) is useful when use with hotair/gun for soldering the caps back onto the motherboard just like desoldering and removing the nectokin's remains which you told me on your previous post ?

From the second thumbnail, i have managed to remove the remaining materials on the + terminal strips. At least I hope the + terminal is clean now i guess..so i will be waiting for my murata caps to arrive from RS-Component (UK). I hope everything will be fine...
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by LENOVO-A880; 02-27-2014, 03:14 AM.
                                          -Napoleon Hill

-Charles Stross

-The Mad Hatter

Comment

Working...
                                          X