Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP DV9000 DV6000 DV2000 Challenge

HP DV9000 DV6000 DV2000 Challenge

I know that a lot of you have been f&^$ing around with DV boards since their warranties expired. And I know that some of you are electronic genius level folks. So the question is, is it possible to convert an Intel DV board with the nVidia GPU to an Intel board without the nVidia GPU?

Let's take a DV9000 with the 434660-001 board with the nVidia Go 7600 and convert it to the 447984-001 without the nVidia GPU. Someone has to have the schematics for these two boards. What is involved as far as bypassing the dedicated graphics? Removing or adding some resistors? I want to try but I have nowhere to start

I want to try but I have nowhere to start, so I am hoping there are a couple other brave souls that would be willing to take on this challenge. Can it be done, can it not be done? I want to hear what the collective mind thinks.

Re: HP DV9000 DV6000 DV2000 Challenge

Sounds interesting, a solderless solution would be wonderful but :

- bios pcids table and so on...how to mod/flash if the machine has no video ?
    - traces to cut or resistors to remove?

saw on google that the intel video is detected and working also if present nvidia gpu..by mistake see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=569659

Comment

Working...
    X