Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung NP350V5C laptop wont turn on

Hi all,

I know there's a lot of threads regarding this particular model but none I can find on the web replicates my issue. The exact model of mine is: Samsung NP350V5C-S01CA

I've been using this laptop for around 7 years before I put it aside. 2 years later, I tried to power it on and it simply wouldn't.

When I press on the power button, the front power LED lit up but for around 4 seconds, then shuts down. Nothing else happens, no fans, no screen, no post and no light around the power button (which is different than the front power LED).

I tried booting it without the battery, without the SSD and cycled the RAM. I then thought it was the CMOS battery inside so I disassembled the laptop. When mesuring the tention on it, I read 2.8v. The battery is rated at 3v so I don't think that this is the issue.

Anything else you guys think I could try? I find it odd that the laptop would've died sitting on a shelf with the battery removed...

Thanks!

Re: Samsung NP350V5C laptop wont turn on

Is it possible to apply heat with the nortbridge chip liquid soldering paste and BGA machine on the board? and can you read 1.5V RAM_RST voltage on pin 30 of the RAM socket,

I'm not happy to be so strong. because it's not humanly

Comment

Originally posted by Sametbey View Post
      Is it possible to apply heat with the nortbridge chip liquid soldering paste and BGA machine on the board? and can you read 1.5V RAM_RST voltage on pin 30 of the RAM socket
      Hi!

Thanks for answering my question, it is much appreciated! I finally made it work! I unsoldered the battery and it booted without it. Soldered it back and it is still working. I'm guessing it emptied out on a shelf and when replugged, it didnt reload the bios properly...

Thanks again!

Comment

Glad you got it working. good works.
        I'm not happy to be so strong. because it's not humanly

Comment

Working...
        X