Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Tab 2 Pro charger

Hi guys.
    Got myself this tablet but without charger.
    Could anyone help me what replacement charger do I need(what specs voltage and current)?

Re: Lenovo Tab 2 Pro charger

Check the Lenovo website and the datasheet for this model for the full details.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      Check the Lenovo website and the datasheet for this model for the full details.
      No info there..product outdated.

Comment

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Android...er/m-p/3481077

Comment

I've read that and no specific info on what specs of the charger I need.

Comment

Quick Charge 3.0
            Select a quality brand so that you know will truly have a compliant QC3.0 charger support.

For example, Anker.

Buy one that is with ample power to support your unit. Not a low power model for phones only.

Purchase it from Amazon so you can return it if it does not work for you.

Confirm the cables needed or post here if in doubt.

Share links before you buy for a confirmation.

Comment

I did charged to with normal USB 3.0 port on my laptop,is that okay?
              I have even faster USB ports on my MoBo, can I use those one,until I manage to find charger?
              I don't think I can find QC 3.0.
              Correct me if I am wrong but tablet/phone needs to support QC 3.0 technology in order to work,and I don't think this tablet does.
              I contatcted the guy, and he told me that he sent the charger,and I got it but this one is 5.5V 2A from some brand name Chicony.
              May I use that one?

I can't find on internet specs on OEM charger that came with the tablet,could you help me?
              Last edited by paparazzo79; 02-26-2023, 01:31 AM.

Comment

In local food store I was able to get only this one but probably fake QC 3.0 since it costed 6 euros.
                Should I use it?
                It has 2 output USB ports.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by paparazzo79 View Post
                  Hi guys.
                  Got myself this tablet but without charger.
                  Could anyone help me what replacement charger do I need(what specs voltage and current)?
                  strange question. Look at the tablet lable on the back cover

Comment

In local food store I was able to get only this one but probably fake QC 3.0 since it costed 6 euros.
                    Should I use it?
                    It has 2 output USB ports.
                    Take it back and get a refund, those cheap shitty chargers can cause a lot of damage, they`re just not made very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyNzA4Upip8
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-26-2023, 07:50 AM.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

The posted pic of the power adapter claims to support the QC3.0 spec. It may work ok but ask the vendor for feedback of this brand and proceed as you wish. Many offshore manufacturers support the QC3.0 spec. The key concern is if the small sized adapter can deliver the current.

The GAN based designs are allowing for the adapters to be small in size yet still powerful. We were scouting for vendors of GAN adapters about 4 years ago in HK during my last travel to Asia. It was relatively new then. Now it is quite common. You can now purchase 200W power delivery adapters in small footprints.

Chicony is a big name and they started their business in making high end keyboards.

Comment

@SMDFlea - wow on the link you shared. Thanks.

This EXACT model is the one that was in the teardown.

To the OP, seek out another adapter that offers 'QC3.0' support.

As noted, try a brand name like Anker, Belkin, CUI or some other that has some reputation.

Comment

The one thay seller provider is from Chicony 5.2V and 2A and charges tablet to 100% normally.
                          I am also not a fan of cheap Samsung replica chargers and aint risking damaging tablet cuz of 6 eu charger.
                          But then again they all are from China.
                          So which brands are safe to buy, Anker...?

Comment

Not everyone in China is evil. It is all about quality control and budgets. Yes, some bad seeds out there but the larger brands offer the real deal. Need to buy from a reliable vendor with a positive history. If I recall correctly, Anker was started by a former Google engineer. They had a very large booth in HK when I saw them about 4 years ago at the Electronic Fair.

Be sure you do not have a fake. Search around but it appears that you have a charger solution already with the Chicony adapter?

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                              Not everyone in China is evil. It is all about quality control and budgets. Yes, some bad seeds out there but the larger brands offer the real deal. Need to buy from a reliable vendor with a positive history. If I recall correctly, Anker was started by a former Google engineer. They had a very large booth in HK when I saw them about 4 years ago at the Electronic Fair.

Be sure you do not have a fake. Search around but it appears that you have a charger solution already with the Chicony adapter?
                              Yes, I missed in the supply box provided with tablet.
                              I am sure this is replacement charger too.
                              Never heard Chicony makes chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                Take it back and get a refund, those cheap shitty chargers can cause a lot of damage, they`re just not made very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyNzA4Upip8
                                I won't use it..
                                Thanks for the link.
                                I will examine the components and tear down this one, too

Comment

can you show the lable on the tablet with the power characteristics at last?

Comment

Originally posted by gs84 View Post
                                    can you show the lable on the tablet with the power characteristics at last?
                                    Input: 12V 1.8A

Comment

Input: 12V 1.8A
                                      so what the problem to make it? Take any 12V 2A charger and usb cable and do it

Comment

For safety, the power adapter should support the QC3.0 specification.

Comment

Working...
                                        X