MBA 820-01521 - keeps restarting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBA 820-01521 - keeps restarting

Are you able to restore this logic board once you are in DFU mode or does it fail?

Comment

As I said, I am not able to get into DFU mode because when I plug keyboard flex, macbook restarts faster. On the picture you can see how the flex is damaged. I will try to look under the black tape if its not broken.
      Attached Files

Comment

My bad...

Am I able to get into DFU with external keyboard (not from apple)
        read as that you are able to do this with an external keyboard. I know at the office we have an external Apple keyboard that pretty sure sometimes is used for cases like this. You need to press Apple keyboard specific keys to enter the DFU.

Is this damaged cable replaceable and inside a socket on each end ? Suggest to source a fresh one.

Comment

Ok, three way was damaged, I will repair them now and try to connect it, maybe that was for now the problem with keyboard. Just give me a sec

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
            Is this damaged cable replaceable and inside a socket on each end ? Suggest to source a fresh one.
            This side was connected to the trackpad that was too water damaged. I will fix it in few minutes and try.

Comment

Finally i repaired the flex and do not inserted the trackpad just to work with keyboard. I have entered PADLOCK, DFU and RECOVERY and tried to do something from internet (restore, update etc) but all I can get are some errorr. Even when it looks like it can be updated the error -1 or 75 or 3004 shows. Any idea?

Maybe update my MBA M1 which I use for restoring the MBA 2018?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mrsina77; 01-03-2023, 02:40 PM. Reason: So many mistakes in sentences.

Comment

Working...
              X