ThinkPad T460p keeps restarting instead of shutting down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ThinkPad T460p keeps restarting instead of shutting down

I have a ThinkPad T460p that keeps restarting instead of shutting down. The culprit is the LAN: if it is disabled in the BIOS, the problem is solved. I have already replaced the LAN chip (WGI219LM) twice, done CleanME, flashed another BIOS. Unfortunately all without success. What else can I check?

Check the voltage to ground of LANWAKE#. Confirm the pull-up resistor @ R243 is present and is ~4k7 ohms. Confirm there is a 3v3 (VCC3M) on pin 2 of this resistor.

If LANWAKE# = 0 volts, then the logic board will 'wake up' since this is an active low signal which is denoted by the '#' suffix in the netname.

Comment

the resistance of RL5118 (pull-up resistor of LAN_WAKE#) is 3,7 kOhm (measured in place). VCC3M is present and LAN_WAKE# never drops to 0.
      In BIOS the option WAKE by LAN is disabled.

Comment

Confirm the same setting within Windows.

How to enable Wake on LAN - ThinkCentre (M Series) and ThinkStation (P Series) - Lenovo Support US

Comment

The measurement of the LAN_WAKE# signal was taken in Windows. During the whole shutdown and during the following startup the Signal was always 3,3V.
          I do not want to use the wake on LAN feature. It is disabled in BIOS intentionally.

Comment

I changed the GbE chip and now everything works as expected.

Comment

So the WGI219LM LAN controller was replaced for a 3rd time and now it is working? Did you source the part from a different vendor this time? Perhaps the previous ones were fakes?

Comment

Working...
              X