Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Compaq Model CQ3430AN bios bin file

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping some kind individual could provide a copy of the bios bin file for this desktop computer. I have a CH341A eprom burner. I managed to read the file and copy it back again, however, this did not fix it. The computer powers up but won't boot so the bios update program is of no use to me.

The full details of the particular model are: Compaq Presario CQ3430AN

I am attempting to repair this piece of junk for a friend of mine.

I told my friend to NEVER buy such a piece of junk in the future. HP Compaq support is virtually non-existent.

Re: HP Compaq Model CQ3430AN bios bin file

Attached Files
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you very much. I will give this file a try and hopefully everything will work OK. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        Thanks very much for the help. I flashed the bios with the file you supplied and it did come up with an error at the end of the flash procedure. "main memory and contents are in disagreement" I was using a CH341A programmer with a 1.8v adapter and software version 1.34. The Compaq bios chip is a MXIC - MX25V8006E 2.5v. I had to use one of those usb video microscopes to read the surface of the eprom. I didn't purchase the real cheap one on eBay but one with a full HD resolution. They are very handy little gadgets.

I ignored the error and tested the motherboard and it was still doing the same thing after I tested it. Of course I read and backed up the existing bios prior to flashing with the one you supplied. I will carry out some further research and see if the error displayed was the problem, however I don't think I will be. The motherboard is most likely dead. It does power up after about 4 attempts at starting but there are no sounds from the on board beeper and no screen. I have already checked the RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by desone01 View Post
          Thanks very much for the help. I flashed the bios with the file you supplied and it did come up with an error at the end of the flash procedure. "main memory and contents are in disagreement" I was using a CH341A programmer with a 1.8v adapter and software version 1.34. The Compaq bios chip is a MXIC - MX25V8006E 2.5v. I had to use one of those usb video microscopes to read the surface of the eprom. I didn't purchase the real cheap one on eBay but one with a full HD resolution. They are very handy little gadgets.

I ignored the error and tested the motherboard and it was still doing the same thing after I tested it. Of course I read and backed up the existing bios prior to flashing with the one you supplied. I will carry out some further research and see if the error displayed was the problem, however I don't think I will be. The motherboard is most likely dead. It does power up after about 4 attempts at starting but there are no sounds from the on board beeper and no screen. I have already checked the RAM.
          You don`t need to use the 1.8V adapter as the chip isn`t 1.8V,its 3.3V .The supplied CH341A software is quite poor,luckily there`s some alternatives such as Flashrom,AsProgrammer,Colibri and NeoProgrammer. Attached is a copy of NeoProgrammer and a picture showing the language button so you can change to english. Set the hardware to CH341A then use the IC search , the MX25V8006E is supported .
          EDIT: If you have the CH341A black pcb version it might need modifying. Check if its output is 5V on pin 28,if so then do the 3.3V mod - https://www.chucknemeth.com/usb-devi.../3v-ch341a-mod ,there are youtube videos too and lots of other info about the mod if you search

Attached Files
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-16-2021, 12:37 PM.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
          X