a-bit be6-2 cap layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a-bit be6-2 cap layout

does anyone hapen to have a diagram of a be6-II v2 that has the cap specs? on it I am preparing to recap one and some of the casp the specs are cut off of the label at 00uf as in the only thing it shows is 00uf 6.3v

Thanks,
    yonu

Re: a-bit be6-2 cap layout

those would be 1000@6.3 or 1500@6.3
    post a pic and i can tell you what goes there.

Comment

well that is conveient as I took a pic of the board before i started removing the caps I had at this poing however removed the 2 end caps on each end of tghe cpu slot

Thanks,
      yonu
      Attached Files

Comment

A while back I posted a diagram for rev1.0. The differences between that and rev2.0 should be pretty minor. It's still the same board:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...53&postcount=2
        (Capacitance values are listed on the right side)

Comment

thanks I will have a look at it

Comment

Ok i just looked the diagram and the ones you have marked as Red at 1000uf I looked at a couple on my v2.0 and they are 1500 the 3 against the green vcor coup so I wopuld figure i would replace those with 1500uf correct?

Comment

also the vmem on my board is 1000uf sorry some of the are readable now my question is should I use a 1000 ore a 1500 for the vmem

Comment

Interesting that they changed all that stuff. Sure, if you can read them, then it makes sense to keep it all the same. That's the safest, most straightforward way to do it.

they are 1500 the 3 against the green vcor coup
                The Vddq group on my board had 4 of them at 1000uF each. If your board came with 3x 1500uF installed, then that adds up to 4500uF at Vddq (pretty close to the 4000uF on my board). If your board has that 4th pad empty, then that would explain the difference.

The weird thing about this board is that those pads are very far away from the AGP slot, but that's what they're connected to. So ABit may have needed lots of capacitance there because of the added ESR from the long distance.

the vmem on my board is 1000uf sorry some of the are readable now my question is should I use a 1000 ore a 1500 for the vmem
                I don't think it would hurt to use 1500, but there's some leeway to go lower depending on the ESR of the replacement cap. The original 1500's are physically pretty small, so their ESR probably isn't that great. If you have 1500's handy, then that's what I'd be inclined to use, but 1000uF must be okay if ABit had that on your board.

I was reading a datasheet for a DDR voltage regulator about a week ago, and it discussed the Vmem caps. It gave me the impression that ESR is way more important than the capacitance in that application. Of course this is SDRAM, but I wouldn't expect that to make any difference.

Comment

so coul i get away with recapping the board in 1500? rather than 1500 and 1000? as i have 1500s but no 1000 on hand

thanks,
                  yonu

Comment

1500 is fine.
                    i have seen them use 1000 in some and 1500 others.
                    esr is more important.
                    what brand/series caps do you have?

Comment

I will more than likely hear something bad in a moment about them but they are Rifking
                      10v 1500uf 105c

Comment

rifeking are junk.
                        board has tayeh or jackcon now i assume.

Comment

yes that it has jackson on it now and I have to ask just how bad are rifeking as I just recapped one of my othe4r boards with a couple of them should i go ahead and order new caps and change them again?

Comment

Normally replace all junk well at least the VRM junk.
                            If you got one dud in the VRM replace the lot is the rule really
                            (not just the one or 2 popped ones and replace with all the same type)

I suppose it depends on how good your recapping skills are, as in how easy you can remove without causing possible damage to the MB.

To my way of thinking
                            Replacing junk with junk is like replacing bald tires with half bald tires
                            sure you might get some extra miles but you also more likely to have a blow out before time
                            You still wouldn't get the same distance as a new set tires

So if your going to do it, you may as well get some quality suitable caps for the job and do it right.
                            That way, all things being equal you probably won't have of do it again for the useful life of the MB (depends on your use and abuse of course)

Its up to you to weigh it up
                            but if it was me they'd be gone.

Decent quality caps are really the only way to go if you want long term reliability from a MB
                            (barring other issues that might arise with it from other things)

anyway just my thoughts on it

Cheers, welcome
                            You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

well guess I will pick up some new caps then

Comment

Working...
                              X