Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASRock B560 Pro4 doesn't start

Hy there.
    I have a ASRock b560 Pro4 MoBo that doesn't power up anymore after CPU swap. I used (my) CPU to test another (broken) board and after put it back, my board doesn't start. I've tested that CPU again but it's ok. I even bought another one for testing. I also have 2 PSU for tests. NO bent pins and no mechanical damage.
    I have different voltages on the board (in some places) but it doesn't start, at all.
    I have the schematic but I don't know what to do exactly with it. I have some skills and I can measure things. I need help to try to repair it. Thank you.

Hello brother, were you able to solve your problem? You should first check the RTC jumper with 3.3v. Then see S_RTCRST# AND S_SRTCRST#. Then see if it has 5 and 3v Stand BY, check if it has an RSMRST AND SLP_S3 signal. I have the same board, which does not heat the processor, but I do not have a schematic. I would be very grateful if you could help me with the schematic please. Thank you very much in advance!

Comment

Hy there.
      No, I did not solved my problem. I cannot find someone who can help me to take every step at the time.
      I cannot fully understand what are all those things you said: "Then see S_RTCRST# AND S_SRTCRST#. Then see if it has 5 and 3v Stand BY, check if it has an RSMRST AND SLP_S3 signal".
      I do have 3.3V on pwrbtn pin in stdby and on BIOS chip and on some pins (60 and 61) from the Super IO. I also have 1.8V on a coil and in some other places.
      You should understand that my board does not power up at all.
      I will happily share the schematic if you can take some time to help me. Thanks.

Comment

look VERY closely around the heatsink mounting points incase the cpu swap damaged some tiny smd part

Comment

I would be happy to help you in any way I can. If you could please share the schematic with me so I can tell you which signals you should measure and check.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            look VERY closely around the heatsink mounting points incase the cpu swap damaged some tiny smd part
            Hy there.
            I already did. Multiple times. I cannot find anything wrong, not even a scratch.
            Thank you.

Comment

Schematic for AsRock B560 Pro4...
              All I ask in return is the help necessary to try to fix my board.

[MOD EDIT] Link to schematic -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...pro4-schematic

Comment

Ready, I could download it. Now, to start, I already deduce that you have the Boardview viewer program. You have to measure on the PL50 3.3VSB_A coil. Then also measure the following pins of the Super IO: 101 (3.3v) and 64 (3.3v). Check that and answer me.

Comment

Friend, thank you very much for sharing the boardview. I will be waiting for your answers so I can help you.

Comment

Thank you very much my friend, I was now able to repair my board!

Comment

Originally posted by PEMOME1998 View Post
                      Friend, thank you very much for sharing the boardview. I will be waiting for your answers so I can help you.
                      I will do those measurements and I will give you the results. Tomorrow. Now I am at work. I will also have to thank you for trying to help me.

Comment

Okay my friend, I will be waiting for your answers. Thank you very much also for your help!

Comment

My problem was that the processor was not heating up. What I was missing was VCCIO voltage. Which is controlled by the RT3651E. Which was missing the ENABLE. The ENABLE came to a double transistor, which had to have voltage on its pin 2, to ground pins 5 and 6. And leave free voltage for ENABLE. There was voltage on pin 2, but the double mosfet was not doing its job. I replaced the double transistor and it was repaired.

Comment

I am very happy that you fixed your board. I didn't have the time to make those measurements but I will do it because I really want to fix my board too.

Comment

Ready, I could download it. Now, to start, I already deduce that you have the Boardview viewer program. You have to measure on the PL50 3.3VSB_A coil. Then also measure the following pins of the Super IO: 101 (3.3v) and 64 (3.3v). Check that and answer me.
                              Hy there !
                              On PL50 I have 3.3V on both sides.
                              On pin 101 is 3.2V
                              On pin 64 is NO voltage present.

Comment

Hey friend, you don't have voltage on pin 64 SLP_S3. Okay, now give me measurement details of coil PL53 (1.8VBS), PL1V2 (1.2V OR 1.8V), RTCRST# (2.5V OR 3.3V), SP2 (VCCRTC 3V OR 3.3V). You can search for these signs in the upper area by their respective name.

Comment

ALSO GIVE ME MEASUREMENTS OF: 3VBS_DSW (3.3V), DPWROK (3.3V), PIN 116 OF THE SUPER IO (PCH POWER OK SIGNAL). FROM THE LISTING ABOVE, 1.8VSB IS POWER SUPPLY TO THE PCH IN STANDBY. PL1V2 IS ALSO POWER FOR THE PCH, BUT I AM NOT SURE IF IT IS IN STANDBY OR AFTER POWER ON. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE VOLTAGE IN PL1V2, JUMP THE GREEN AND BLACK WIRES FROM THE SOURCE AND MEASURE AGAIN IF PL1V2 APPEARS. IF IT STILL DOES NOT ACTIVATE, WE HAVE A PROBLEM THERE.

Comment

Thank you very much for not forgetting me.
                                    I will make those measurements this weekend. I do not have time till then. I have to work. But I really really appreciate your effort ! God bless you!

Comment

Hey friend, you don't have voltage on pin 64 SLP_S3. Okay, now give me measurement details of coil PL53 (1.8VBS), PL1V2 (1.2V OR 1.8V), RTCRST# (2.5V OR 3.3V), SP2 (VCCRTC 3V OR 3.3V). You can search for these signs in the upper area by their respective name.
                                      Hy there.
                                      On coil PL53 (1.8VBS) is 1.8V on pin 2 (up) and 2.03V on pin 1 (lower side).
                                      On PL1V2 I have 1.8V on both pins.
                                      On PS2 I have 3.37V on one side (pin) and nothing (no reading or zero) on the other one (my resistor or whatever, is a little in another position, like horizontal) - pin 1 is the same value as the pin 2 of the BC1 (low from it) and same as same as pin 1 of SC15 and SC16 (up from it).
                                      If RTCRST (I cannot find it) is one (left) pin from CLRMOS1 then is 3V.
                                      If RTCRST is one pin of the PWRBTN then is 3.3V

Comment

Picture of the SP2...
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X