Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus TUF Gaming Z590-plus Wifi, Bios chip(s)

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus TUF Gaming Z590-plus Wifi, Bios chip(s)

Hello,

Recently got a parts motherboard of the above make and model. The board is missing both of the bios chips but has no other (visible) issues. I'm having a pretty hard time figuring out the specific model of the chip pair. While it is quite likely that the board is dead regardless (why would you de-solder both bios chips on a good board?), taking this as an exercise I would still like to try getting the bios chip part sorted. It is obvious that the chips are from GigaDevice, but I'm quite lost after that. Attached is the information I'm currently working with. Are there upcoming issues or other notable things I should be mindful of if/when I get the right chips? Should I be expecting to do more than get the chips, program the proper bios on them and solder them back? Any help highly appreciated, thanks in advance.
  • Answer selected by FalseUsername at 12-16-2023, 07:16 AM.

Left = W25Q256JWEIQ
    Right = W25Q32JVSSIQ

Comment

Can you take a photo of your board showing the position of the chip? you might need to dump the program from a known working board and flash it to the new chip.

Comment

Thank you for the reply, but I'm in the desperate need for the chip model(s) and expect to be good after that, i.e. getting the bios is atm a minor issue in my eyes. Click image for larger version  Name:	X.jpg Views:	4 Size:	1.29 MB ID:	3163110
        Last edited by FalseUsername; 12-15-2023, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Left = W25Q256JWEIQ
          Right = W25Q32JVSSIQ

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Su View Post
            Left = W25Q256JWEIQ
            Right = W25Q32JVSSIQ
            Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
            X