Q53 'new' X99-e WS USB3.1 motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q53 'new' X99-e WS USB3.1 motherboard

I've encountered a myriad of challenges while setting up a 'new' X99-e WS USB3.1 motherboard. Despite correctly installing the CPU, four 8GB RAM modules, and a 980 Evo boot drive, I've been persistently facing the Q code 53 error.

I've exhausted several troubleshooting steps, including testing all the RAM modules individually and collectively across different slots (A1, B1, C1, and D1), clearing the CMOS, and removing the CMOS battery. Still, the Q code 53 error remains steadfast.

There was a solitary instance when the system recognized the full 32GB of memory, but this was ephemeral. The memory recognition issues re-emerged post a system reboot, carried out to save the UEFI settings. The Q53 error now appears erratically, even with DIMMs that have been individually tested and confirmed to function correctly. The error persists despite numerous restarts and reseating the modules in different slots.

During the brief period of successful memory recognition, the modules were visible in the UEFI, but specific details about the modules were missing. Additionally, the boot drive recognition has been inconsistent, initially appearing in SATA6/3, but later disappearing from the boot menu.

After extensive research, I successfully updated the BIOS to the latest version. This required renaming the BIOS and recognizing that there are multiple versions of the BIOS for each specific X99-e WS board. However, booting from an old drive has been a challenge due to the system's lack of an option to select the bootloader, a feature present in systems like ASROCK.

In light of these ongoing challenges, I'm contemplating returning the motherboard. However, my attempt to revive an older system leads me to question whether I should accept an exchange or seek something similar. I'm particularly drawn to the features offered by the ASUS X99-e WS, and I've noticed that not many boards, even back in 2015, offered the same capabilities as this particular board.

As I lack the expertise to identify potential faults on the motherboard circuit using a schematic or board view, I'm considering seeking advice from specialized forums like badcaps.

I welcome any suggestions for additional troubleshooting steps or insights into anything I might have overlooked during my process. Moreover, if anyone has more experience with boards similar to the ASUS X99-e WS, I would appreciate their guidance on whether to opt for an exchange or seek a different solution.

Last edited by Swell; 07-23-2023, 09:07 PM.

Re: Q53 'new' X99-e WS USB3.1 motherboard

So no one here has any experience with this board?

Comment

What memory do you have ?

Comment

I am having the same isse on a Asus x99 Deluxe when trying to use adata 8gb sticks at 3200mhz 1.35v. These arent simply detected and in the bios i can see some info about them but the memory size is 0. I am running 4x4gb corsair 2666mhz and they run fine.
        I can only boot with the adata when at least one corsair stick is installed in the primary channel

Comment

i have read about this on older motherboards,
          sometimes the ram overloads the regulator and you have to bump the voltage a step in the bios.

you can probably flash the bios from the utility in the existing bios - you can often get into it on asus boards with a button on it somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            i have read about this on older motherboards,
            sometimes the ram overloads the regulator and you have to bump the voltage a step in the bios.

you can probably flash the bios from the utility in the existing bios - you can often get into it on asus boards with a button on it somewhere
            I have tried that on my X99 s and X99 Deluxe, not sure if its the same on this board but it didnt have anny effect when going at 1.5v (mem rated at 1.2), with all the trainging stuff enabled/disabled/more voltage during boot. Nothing worked for me at least

Comment

Working...
            X