Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung S19A100N ghosting picture..

Hi all,
    What do you think is the problem with this lcd monitor? You can see ghostly image at the background Any help will be appreciated .
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung S19A100N ghosting picture..

Originally posted by T-con View Post
    Hi all,
    What do you think is the problem with this lcd monitor? You can see ghostly image at the background Any help will be appreciated .
    Disconnect the LVDS cable to the Tcon board (wrap a plastic cover/bag around the connector to prevent accidental shorts between the exposed panel metallic casing with exposed contacts on the connector). Plug the monitor to a PC, and just pause it on the BIOS setup screen (keep tapping the BIOS setup key when power on, no need to boot all the way to Windows or any other operating system). This should present a white screen. Does the "ghost image" still appear on this white screen?
    Last edited by lexwalker; 01-06-2014, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for replying, the ghost image in the attached pics is when theres no connected cpu, i can see the no connected input box moving around the screen but blurry, is it a bad panel?

Comment

Originally posted by T-con View Post
        Hi,Thanks for replying, the ghost image in the attached pics is when theres no connected cpu, i can see the no connected input box moving around the screen but blurry, is it a bad panel?
        Bad panel is a possibility. First, try cleaning the LVDS connectors. Then check the voltage to the Tcon board (to see whether there is a problem with the 3.3V regulator or MOSFET that controls power to the Tcon board). I would recommend changing all capacitors in the power adapter (to rule out ripples going to the panel). Also replace any electrolytic capacitors on the main board. Do use good and recommended capacitors such as Panasonic FM, Panasonic FR, Nichicon HE, Nichicon PW, Panasonic FK, Panasonic FC, Nichicon PS, Nippon Chemicon KZE, Rubycon ZLJ, Rubycon ZLH, etc...
        Last edited by lexwalker; 01-07-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Ok i'll try it before looking for a replacement panel, thanks.

Comment

Looks like the VOFFE or VONE voltage is missing, any part# for LCD panel (on sticker marked e.g. SAMSUNG LTI19A####, AU OPTRONICS LXA19######, etc.)
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              Looks like the VOFFE or VONE voltage is missing, any part# for LCD panel (on sticker marked e.g. SAMSUNG LTI19A####, AU OPTRONICS LXA19######, etc.)
              I'll check tomorrow, the unit is at the shop, will post clearer pics.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                I don't see a voffe or vone, here are some pics to look at.
                Attached Files

Comment

can u help me this is my same problem what should i do?

Comment

The panel is the fault, the only fix is to replace the whole lcd, and finding a replacement is difficult, so i've given up on this monitor and bought a new one.

Comment

Working...
                    X