HP L1706 revisions information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP L1706 revisions information

Now I am too lazy to take images so only word. Still good beginning for those who would run into problems with some of these in future . I bougth several of these for like 5 bucks a piece from one of major food & stuff retailers (like there is Wallmart in US). Been used in office building. All working fine though. I am inspecting each one just to be sure before reselling, so far I have found three very different versions.

All of them have same externals. One has typical PSU/inverter board plus logic board, mostly Chemi-Con caps used on important places.

The other two have one big board with everything on it. One seems to be of Acer origin as it has some similarities with other boards, especialy positions for audio, not used. This one has two voltage rails, one is high, over 20 volts IIRC. Crappy cap brands used but so far not single bad cap (replaced anyway). The last one has single rail of +12 V with regulation for +5 V (for logic). Has two Samxons GT, other than that CrapXon, Sus'con and so. Still all caps good though. It also has single inverter transformer with two windings.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: HP L1706 revisions information

The very last of the displays I have already has two bulging crapxons. Now call me paranoid! It's the last type with single +12V rail. The big fat one on this rail and the other one on the DC-DC for +5 V are bad.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Re: HP L1706 revisions information

I got one L1906, seems to have the last board as well, all caps fine visually.

Comment

Working...
      X