No power Benq G922HDAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power Benq G922HDAL

This monitor don't have power button light at all and no screen.
    It won't react on power button at all.
    I measured voltages of 5V and 18.88V on power board.
    Mosfet (I think it is a mosfet) on back of power board is very hot and it stinks.
    After checking, I think it is shorted, because ohm reading are 1.9, 8.8 and 9.9 ohm between pins.
    Problem with that mosfet (210137BA 9T90101) is that I can't find datasheet for it, so I need your help.
    Also can't find service manual for this monitor.
    Also I think one diode is not good, because in both direction I have bad readings, beep sound in both directions.
    What else could I check?
    Attached Files

Re: No power Benq G922HDAL

Might as well check the main cap and the fuse as well. Were you measuring for 24V when you got 18.88V? And that thing on the back looks like a voltage regulator, it could be bad, you should check that and report the DC voltage on it going from left to right pins 1-3

Comment

Fuse is ok. Voltage on main cap is 302 V. There is only 5V on one pin. 18,88 V is the voltage for other board. I'm not sure should it be 24 V.

Comment

Your pictures are really good -thanks.
        Might be better to say which pin or which colour cable is
        what voltage. Were the tests done with all the boards connected. Did you test the "faulty" diodes on or off the board.
        If the diode is faulty the other voltages may not appear
        until it is replaced.

One of the two caps c611 or c608 will be startup
        caps - can you measure the voltage on them and say what v and uf they are.

302v is good on the big cap
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thank you guys for Yours replies.
          Caps has voltages 14.55 and 5.88. C611 10uf, 50V and C608 47uf, 25V.
          On second pair of red wires for main board cable there is 5V.
          On first two, also red wires, there is 18.88 V, for other board. I guess it is board for led backlight.
          I noticed when monitor is powered on, on second pin of that, let say voltage regulator, there is 0.7 V and after some time it is 0 V. Bigger voltage is 19.7 V and it is dropping till 18.88 V. 5 V voltage is stable.
          Diode is tested on board and it is circled in red on first picture.
          I also measured voltages on voltage regulator on main board but they are 0.
          Testing is done with all boards connected.
          Last edited by srbax; 12-13-2012, 05:43 PM.

Comment

You should remove the suspicious components and retest them out of circuit.

I thought I found two shorted voltage regulators on a Dell board only to find out they were good once removed out of circuit.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I replaced voltage regulator and it was shorted. There was smoke from new one too, so it's probably shorted.
              I don't know what is causing it.
              I supouse that voltage generator has to give 3.3 V to first pair of red wires to main board.
              I noticed 3.3 V marking near connector on main board.

Comment

I removed suspicious diode and measurements are 0.177 in one and 0L in other direction.
                Is that good or not?
                Other big diode has 0.39 in one and 0L in other direction.
                I also checked all bigger caps, except main cap, and they have good values.

Comment

From what I see there is one voltage regulator on the mainboard. It is circled in orange.

Try to detach the cable circled in green, and power on the monitor.

From the markings on the mainboard, the orange wires are 3.3v. The regulator on the power supply is for the 3.3v. So, there must a short on the 3.3v line...
                  Attached Files
                  Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Measure the voltages on the pads where the regulator should go.
                    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Finally I found free time to continue work on this monitor.
                      I checked voltages on pads of regulator and I measured 4.9 V between I and O pads and 5 V between G and I pads.
                      I don't think that is normal to have 4.9 V between I and O?

Comment

Originally posted by srbax View Post
                        I checked voltages on pads of regulator and I measured 4.9 V between I and O pads and 5 V between G and I pads.
                        Either there is a short, or the regulator is faulty. Most likely a short.

Measure the resistance from O to ground.
                        Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I measured this without regulator on board and with other boards disconnected.

Comment

Originally posted by srbax View Post
                            I'm assuming that I=Input, G=Ground and O=Output. When you take voltage readings off a regulator, you make your measurements with repect to ground. You should be measuring the Output with respect to Ground. Looks like you measured across the Input and Output pins. To eliminate confusion do this: use a mounting screw for your negative probe and probe each pin of the regulator with your positive probe and report your results.

Comment

You were right.
                              I've done measuring like You told me I=5V, G=0V and O=0.414V.
                              I did it without regulator on board because it was shorted and I'm not sure for replacement.
                              Can You suggest me appropriate voltage regulator for replacement?
                              Last edited by srbax; 12-30-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

What's the part number stamped on the bad regulator?

Comment

210137BA 9T90101
                                  I couldn't find something like that on internet.
                                  Based on connector on logic board it has to deliver output of 3.3 V.
                                  I found something similar, only based on input and output and layout of G, I and O.
                                  It's LM3940IMP-3.3.
                                  Regarding Your experience, what could be appropriate?
                                  Last edited by srbax; 12-30-2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Yes, looks like a good match. You need to verify one more thing: that the tab at the top of the regulator is also ground (G). With power off and monitor unplugged and your meter set to 200 ohms, place one probe on the middle pin and the other probe on the tab. You should see approx. 0 ohms. This means they are internally connected.
                                    Last edited by jetadm123; 12-30-2012, 09:28 PM.

Comment

As requested by BEN7 on post12, With the regulator still remove, you should take the resistance reading between ground and the 'O' pad to see if it has real low resistance reading, just to make sure you have low output voltage from the regulator is not due to shorted load.
                                      Last edited by budm; 12-30-2012, 10:09 PM.
                                      Never stop learning
                                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

There is 250 kohms between O and G and it's rising.
                                        I did this measurement without voltage regulator on board.
                                        After that I connected logic board and there is 9 ohms between O and G.
                                        It is the same value that I measured between 1. and 2. pin of voltage regulator on logic board.
                                        Is it possible that voltage regulator on logic board is also shorted?
                                        It has similar marking as the bad one from power supply board: 210137DA 9T90171.

Comment

Working...
                                        X