Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acer monitor no display

hi guys,

i need helpl to fix my acer AL1916w monitor, when power the monitor is have green light but when i switched on my CPU it started to give me a flashing orange light. anyone know what wrong is it?? kindly take the picture for reference, your help is deeply appreciated.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
    Last edited by lhock98; 06-18-2011, 11:03 PM.

Re: acer monitor no display

1) If you are going to be a regular here, you will have to stop posting images inline and offsite, please. They slow down loading of pages. Please use the manage attachments to upload your photos so they are hosted here.

2) You have 3 obviously bloated caps.

Capacitors die from age, heat, and shoddy build quality. Capacitors DO NOT have to be visibly bloated in order to bad. They can be out of tolerance uF (a 1000uF measures 20uF) and/or have high ESR (ohm). A multimeter will be insufficient to test for ESR. For that you need an ESR tester which costs between $50 and $300.

Most members here will recommend that you replace ALL the electrolytic capacitors with reputable brands from reputable sellers. Brands like Rubycon, Panasonic, and United Chemicon are suggested. A list of recommended caps can be found at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2280

3) PCBONEZ talks about how to choose the right series at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...47&postcount=3

4) If you want to use Panasonic FR/FM/FC, see PlainBill's ordering instructions at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...33&postcount=2
    Last edited by retiredcaps; 06-18-2011, 10:34 PM.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

[QUOTE=lhock98;170776]hi guys,

i need helpl to fix my acer AL1916w monitor, when power the monitor is have green light but when i switched on my CPU it started to give me a flashing orange light. anyone know what wrong is it?? kindly take the picture for reference, your help is deeply appreciated.
      Attached Files

Comment

sorry i seldom post thread here, yea i saw the 2nd pic 3 caps need to replace.
        regarding the 1st pic left bottom some burn mark is there is it some parts worn off??

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
        1) If you are going to be a regular here, you will have to stop posting images inline and offsite, please. They slow down loading of pages. Please use the manage attachments to upload your photos so they are hosted here.

2) You have 3 obviously bloated caps.

Capacitors die from age, heat, and shoddy build quality. Capacitors DO NOT have to be visibly bloated in order to bad. They can be out of tolerance uF (a 1000uF measures 20uF) and/or have high ESR (ohm). A multimeter will be insufficient to test for ESR. For that you need an ESR tester which costs between $50 and $300.

Most members here will recommend that you replace ALL the electrolytic capacitors with reputable brands from reputable sellers. Brands like Rubycon, Panasonic, and United Chemicon are suggested. A list of recommended caps can be found at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2280

3) PCBONEZ talks about how to choose the right series at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...47&postcount=3

4) If you want to use Panasonic FR/FM/FC, see PlainBill's ordering instructions at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...33&postcount=2

Comment

Originally posted by lhock98 View Post
          regarding the 1st pic left bottom some burn mark is there is it some parts worn off??
          I can't tell from that angle or lighting on my monitor. All I see is that some of the white glue is darkened.

Maybe post another angle with different lighting. A pic of the backside would help too.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

hope this should help..thank for your reply.

I can't tell from that angle or lighting on my monitor. All I see is that some of the white glue is darkened.

Maybe post another angle with different lighting. A pic of the backside would help too.
            Attached Files

Comment

The resolution is too low to make out anything.

If you can, try for 2000x2000 resolution of the sections in red. If your camera has macro mode, enable to get sharp focus. Also, try to use indirect sunlight to help get clear and well lit pictures.
              Attached Files
              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hi hate to state the obvious but there should be a fuse there

Comment

Does that look like it was hit by a lightning surge? F103 should be Wickman fuse 3.15A 250V and VAR100 should be a TVR10681KSY varistor 420VAC 70J 2.5KA At any rate, I believe everything in the primary section needs checking first (especially the power FET).

Comment

here the zoom up view as requested by expert retiredcaps. f100, f101, f200 with the letter s,w,w. which is the bottom side of the board and i have checked f200 need to replace also the 3 capacitors. i can't find the f103 dont know where is it.

The resolution is too low to make out anything.

If you can, try for 2000x2000 resolution of the sections in red. If your camera has macro mode, enable to get sharp focus. Also, try to use indirect sunlight to help get clear and well lit pictures.
                    Attached Files

Comment

just found the f103 they using a small wire direct connected to point a to point b. not using any fuse...

Comment

i have replaced the f200 and 3 botted capacitor, i still can't getr any display from monitor when i power on my CPU. the monitor only have green light on the on-off switch.

Comment

The latest pictures are excellent. This monitor has a reputation for problems with the inverter. I note that an input capacitor is missing, and of course F103 should be replaced. The fact that you are now getting a power LED indicates that at least part of the power supply is working. I am concerned there is additional damage. F103 blew for a reason.

There are a couple of additional steps.

First, does the power LED respond when you press the power button?

Next, the connector which links the power supply / inverter to the signal card appears to have 16 pins. What are the voltages on these pins? Use a mounting screw as the ground point, or if you are working from the bottom, exposed metal around a hole for a mounting screw. Of course, caution while working on the board while power is applied is suggested.

Last, high resolution pictures of the top and bottom of the inverter / power supply are needed.

PlainBill
                          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

very thanks for your reply. First of all the F103 its do not have a fuse there at the bottom side there is a small thin wire connected from point to point. i don't know why there is a burn mark near to input main power (220v). the bottom side F103 thin wire did not break off so should i leave it? if not what type of fuse should i buy for F103??

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
                            The latest pictures are excellent. This monitor has a reputation for problems with the inverter. I note that an input capacitor is missing, and of course F103 should be replaced. The fact that you are now getting a power LED indicates that at least part of the power supply is working. I am concerned there is additional damage. F103 blew for a reason.

Next, the connector which links the power supply / inverter to the signal card appears to have 16 pins. What are the voltages on these pins? Use a mounting screw as the ground point, or if you are working from the bottom, exposed metal around a hole for a mounting screw. Of course, caution while working on the board while power is applied is suggested.

Last, high resolution pictures of the top and bottom of the inverter / power supply are needed.

PlainBill

Comment

the 16pins power supply to inverter i have checked all pins at 0 volt. what's wrong?

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post

PlainBill

Comment

Sorry to butt in .
                                the thin wire where the fuse should was most likely put there because it kept blowing fuses.
                                1 Are you getting power at the main cap (not read if you have )

2 i would check the bridge rectifier and thermistor (usual culprits for blowing fuses )

3 2 types of fuses used on this board (see pics) both are 3.15ta 250v
                                Attached Files

Comment

the main cap is reading at 720....

Originally posted by sabre504 View Post
                                  Sorry to butt in .
                                  the thin wire where the fuse should was most likely put there because it kept blowing fuses.
                                  1 Are you getting power at the main cap (not read if you have )

2 i would check the bridge rectifier and thermistor (usual culprits for blowing fuses )

3 2 types of fuses used on this board (see pics) both are 3.15ta 250v

Comment

the main cap is reading at 720....
                                    720? 720V AC? 720V DC?

Either way, 720 units is really high.

You should be measuring DC volts across the main cap. Do you have your black probe on the negative leg of the cap? Red on positive?
                                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

o.k here is it 330dc. main cap is o.k , right?

720? 720V AC? 720V DC?

Either way, 720 units is really high.

You should be measuring DC volts across the main cap. Do you have your black probe on the negative leg of the cap? Red on positive?

Comment

o.k here is it 330dc. main cap is o.k , right?
                                        That is correct if your AC line voltage is 240 volts.

PlainBill
                                        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
                                        X