X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: acer monitor no display

Originally posted by lhock98 View Post
    o.k here is it 330dc.
    330V DC sounds right depending where you live. If Europe, that is correct.

Have you changed out the caps yet?
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

if without the F103 fuse can the board still work?

Comment

those botted cap i did changed.

Comment

1) What is the DC voltage across the yellow and red marked caps?

Put black probe on negative cap lead and red on positive.

2) Are the DC voltages above stable?

3) What are the uF and voltage values of the two caps?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by retiredcaps; 06-20-2011, 07:17 PM.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

if without the F103 fuse can the board still work?
            Yes, but I don't recommend it. I have a long story about bypassing fuses that I won't narrate at this time. Suffice it to say that a slipping probe or other mistake could result in a destroyed board.

Since you are getting a green led on the On/Off switch, it appears the power supply is working. Put installing on your 'Must DO' list and answer the question I asked earlier - does the power LED go on and off when you press the power button?

ALSO, we need good overall pictures of the top and bottom of the power supply if we are going to help you solve the backlight issue.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

It is odd that you are getting a power LED, but reporting that all voltages are 0V DC between the power and logic board. One of the two statements is incorrect?
              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

red marked cap is 47UF 50V measure at 7-9dvc both reading the same. i can't see the cap spec.

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                1) What is the DC voltage across the yellow and red marked caps?

Put black probe on negative cap lead and red on positive.

2) Are the DC voltages above stable?

3) What are the uF and voltage values of the two caps?

Comment

Third and final request. We REALLY need good quality pictures of the top and bottom of the power supply board.

PlainBill
                  For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Replaced the 3 caps with what?
                    Mann-Made Global Warming.
                    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                    -

Comment

here is it....

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
                      Third and final request. We REALLY need good quality pictures of the top and bottom of the power supply board.

PlainBill
                      Attached Files

Comment

as you can the from 2nd pic area 3 cap already botted so i replaced it.

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                        Replaced the 3 caps with what?

Comment

here is it....
                          We want a 2000x2000 version of what you posted back in post #6.

PS. The latest pics you posted have 3 bloated caps. If you already replaced those, we want updated pictures.
                          Last edited by retiredcaps; 06-20-2011, 11:25 PM.
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

as you can the from 2nd pic area 3 cap already botted so i replaced it.
                            PCBONEZ wants to know what brand and series you used for replacements. For example, many members here use Panasonic (brand) FM (series).
                            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

the cap didn't show the brand just a letter A inside retangle line.

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                              PCBONEZ wants to know what brand and series you used for replacements. For example, many members here use Panasonic (brand) FM (series).

Comment

High quality pictures of the top + bottom board and in a single shot please. Yes, it's a must have for the experts to help ya in your situation.

A nice pic of the capacitor would be nice too, so the experts can identify it. (I could've sworn that it's a lot easier to get quality caps down in the lion city.)

Comment

You mean these?
                                  http://www.arktwn.com.tw/table.htm
                                  Those are no better than and possibly are worse quality than the old ones.

-
                                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                                  -
                                  You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                                  -

Comment

I'm done wasting my time on this thread.

PlainBill

Comment

You should have your coffee ~before~ you log-in.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                      -
                                      -

Comment

sorry boss. here the latest pic after a fuse replaced for F200.

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
                                        I'm done wasting my time on this thread.

PlainBill
                                        Attached Files

Comment

sorry boss. here the latest pic after a fuse replaced for F200.
                                          Start over describing your problem,
                                          Particularly the voltages from the power supply to the logic board once with the glass fuse installed, and again with one wire disconnected from the glass fuse. Also what is the power LED doing each time?
                                          Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Working...
                                          X