Pioneer VSX-D812 Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer VSX-D812 Dead

I don't do a lot of repairs on audio equipment. I have a pioneer receiver that is dead, no power/standby. I get all my voltages on the AC side, nothing on DC. I get power going into transformer T51 but nothing after. I get no DC on either the power transformer or standby transformer.

I removed IC51, the 5.6v regulator and it tested good. I also removed and tested the relay and it is good. I attached a screenshot of the block diagram and the service manual. Could someone please give me some advice?
    thanks

Attached Files
    Last edited by tech2014; 04-20-2016, 05:50 PM.

Re: Pioneer VSX-D812 Dead

duh, I forgot to change my meter to AC when testing the output of the transformers. Both transformers have AC voltage at the outputs.

Comment

Check "AC RY" and "AC WUP" signals.
      You should also check voltage on power switch S505 to see if there is +2.4v
      Last edited by ngvuanh; 04-21-2016, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ngvuanh View Post
        Thanks, I will do that and report my results.

. So what should the AC voltages be on the output of the transformers. I did remove T51 and put AC on the primary side and got about 14.5V AC across the secondary winding.

Comment

Originally posted by ngvuanh View Post
          I get nothing on the AC RY pin, but I do get a signal on the AC WUP pin. See pic below.

I get no voltage on S505.

Does AC RY stand for AC relay?

Attached Files
          Last edited by tech2014; 04-21-2016, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Yes, AC RY is for AC relay.
            Since you have no volt on S505, you need to check volt on pin 22 of IC401 or its power supply, VDD, L401 and D401.
            If you have no voltage on S505, you can't turn unit on.
            Last edited by ngvuanh; 04-21-2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

UPDATE!!!

I finally got this unit working. I found I was not getting 120VAC across the primary winding on the standby transformer. I removed it and put 120VAC across primary, and got 14.6VAC on the secondary winding, so transformer was good.

I found a crack on the circuit board, in the power supply area. I used a jumper wire to fix the board and it now works.

Comment

good to hear

Comment

Working...
                X