Need some help indentifying this smd diode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help indentifying this smd diode

Check the picture for the component in question. I am unfamiliar with the markings on this component so I need help identifying the manufacturer so that I can hopefully find a datasheet.

The only thing I know so far is that it is a diode (atleast I hope I'm right), and its forward voltage drop is reading .397

Thanks
    Last edited by aliasdck; 07-30-2010, 06:04 PM.

Re: Need some help indentifying this smd diode

Forgot the attachment
    Attached Files

Comment

This is NOT a diode.

I made the incorrect assumption it was a diode based on my IN circuit testing. I knew better than this, but I got lazy and assumed it must be a diode since it was labelled D3 on the circuit board and I was reading .397 in one direction with the diode feature on my multimeter. Out of circuit it reads open in both directions.

I've been sifting through page after page about smd codes, manufacturer logos etc. Never was able to find anything based on what is imprinted on the device while I was under the assumption it was a diode HOWEVER, I do recall seeing a cross reference for a two PIN IC that matches the dimensions and has the code BEV on it... now if only I could recall where I saw it...

Comment

I found it! It is a diode, but not what I was originally thinking...

It is a bi-directional transient voltage suppressor diode which makes sense considering the circuit it was used in

Anyways, here is the datasheet for a replacement in case anyone out there ever comes across this and needs it:

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...679024cbf9.pdf

Part number is SMCJ20CA

Comment

Working...
        X