Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you run a 3 phase motor using Arduino?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you run a 3 phase motor using Arduino?

If you connected in the control wiring onto an inverter could an arduino programmer be used as the controller?

In my (limited and attempting to learn mind) using the right set of code and some simple wiring this would be relatively simple to achieve??

Yes?? Or if not can someone tell me why please πŸ™‚

Thanks πŸ‘πŸ»

3 Phase motors are AC Motors that are either an induction motor (also known as an asynchronous motor) or a synchronous motor. These motors are designed to run on the three-phase alternating current (AC) power used in many industrial applications. AC electricity changes direction from negative to positive and back many times a second.
    there are 2 and 4 pole ones .

please tell us which motor are you thinking of ?

Comment

Thanks for your input Pete. I should have perhaps stated I'm an electrician so not a total novice with regards to motors. What I'm not sure about is how Arduino works. Trying to learn about it though.

But in my mind, if Arduino is capable of producing/utilising up to 30v DC, running a VSD should be sufficient to run either a 2 or 4 pole?

One having less or more torque than the other surely isn't the main consideration?

Comment

arduino and other microcontrollers turn individual pins between 5v / 3.3v and ground - usually with a limit of 25mA at most
        you would use it to drive a few H-bridge circuits.
        there are already 3phase invertor circuits online - i'v seen them.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          arduino and other microcontrollers turn individual pins between 5v / 3.3v and ground - usually with a limit of 25mA at most
          you would use it to drive a few H-bridge circuits.
          there are already 3phase invertor circuits online - i'v seen them.
          H bridge circuits…. Talk to me Goose! Do you mean half bridge rectifiers or amplifiers?

Surely its limitation of 25mA isn't that much of a concern? It's the DC voltage I need for the VSD that I need to concentrate on isn't it?

Comment

https://www.modularcircuits.com/blog...es-the-basics/

Comment

That's a very interesting read Pete thanks. Some of it a bit beyond my understanding at present but I can take the theme from it.

Comment

Working...
              X