Biostar tForce 590SLi Delux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biostar tForce 590SLi Delux

These are pics of the two worst culprits. There's a couple more swollen ones. The computer has been on most of the past 1.5yrs.

Does any one know anything about this mobo or these caps?

Would replacing them with 10v caps be better?

Anyone hear anything bad with Rosewill power supplies? I've been using one it's entire life, think that could be the culprit of why they went bad?

I just noticed them today. I have noticed a random reboot when gaming, it tarted about a month ago, Finally today I got pissed when trying to play a new game and started to figure out why. After stripping the computer to one hdd and a keyboard and mouse I noticed them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dcorwin; 05-10-2008, 10:26 PM.

Re: Biostar tForce 590SLi Delux

I've read about serious reliability issues with Rosewill PSUs at NewEgg and at some forums. So yeah, it could have something to do with those bad caps. You also might wanna check the PSU itself for blown caps.

Comment

Those are SACON FZ series.
      I know they look like Poly but they are electrolytic.
      Sacon = Evercon = GSC
      GSC changed their name a few times due to their well earned bad reputation.
      Probably in the top 5 and definitely in the top 10 for being complete crap.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Rosewill
        As with any manufacturer of PSU's it depends on the specific model.
        Most brands have a mix of good and bad models.

FZ caps show up popped open very often.
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...2&highlight=FZ

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

From my understanding, at these locations and designs solid polymer capacitor are absolutely necessary.
          The inductor and the mosfet are running hot, and that close an aluminium-electrolytic capacitor can just not hold up very well.
          So i think the rated voltage of 2,5v is fine for VRM output, as Vcore is usually not beyond 1,5v, may be 2v max. if heavily oced.
          Just use some higher grade polymer capacitors like Oscon SEPC or Samxon X-con and it should be fine forever.

Comment

Where can I get these polymer solid caps? So far it all looks to be 1000uF @ 6.3v caps that are being the issue. They are 8mm in diameter.

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowIm...FSR+Video+Card This is the same videocard I own and I have the same FZ caps as this one. Should I be worried about this?

Comment

Just watch them and at the first sign of swelling order your replacement caps..

On the good news i got the caps replaced... everything works like a dream... played my game for 14hrs straight w/o out a crash due to the motherboard. It even fixed my issue i had with my second monitor not working WooHoo!!

Comment

Rob
                  www.digikey.com carries NPCAP now which are Chemi-con brand solid poly's.

-

- Dr Seuss
                  -
                  -

Comment

Thanks PCBONEZ I will look into this

Comment

It depends, where you are located. BigPope does sell Samxon X-Con in 1000uF/4v/8mmD world wide, TopCat may be too within USA.
                      Phenos.nl will sell it to you within Europe.

Comment

I have my 8400GS replaced 4 SACON FZ 6.3V 1500μF with
                        Panasonic FL 6.3V 1000μF. Yeah, both the load & idle temp were
                        reduced a little bit, 2 ~ 4 °C.

Afterwards, I installed the 3 SACON in CPU's VRM of my K8updrade-NF3.
                        The original caps were KZG 6.3V 3300μF.
                        The caps are damn hot but I use a CM Gemini II HSF with dual 12cm fans blowing on the CPU ,VRM & surrounding area. The Athlon64 CPU is running at 2430Mhz with
                        270Mhz HT freq. The idle & loading temp. are around 40°C & 50°C respectively.

Interesting to know when will this kind of bad caps bulged in this over-stressed
                        scenario.

Comment

Working...
                        X