little help testing smd caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

little help testing smd caps?

Ok guys I am still learning a few things trying to get down to component level. I know how to regular capacitors. But I'm wondering them little and capacitors that have no value on them how can a person check them? Even smd diodes and resistor like on a main board for example

Re: little help testing smd caps?

You can't really test ceramic capacitors for value, as they do not have a printed value. There is no way to determine the value if it is failed. However it is extremely rare for a ceramic cap to fail. If it does fail it will almost always (99.9% of the time) fail short circuit which can be tested with an ohmmeter.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Are you talking about the little Brown smd ones on a main board? Also what about the little metal smd can shape ones on main board

Comment

the can's are marked.

Comment

The ones Tom are on about are called MLCC's which stands for Multilayer Ceramic Capacitor the ones you speak of are known as Smd caps they are marked with their respective values.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

You test SMD parts exactly the same way as you test any other electronic component of the same type, the mounting doesn't electrically matter.

Comment

Working...
            X