Insignia NS-LCD37 1 second to black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insignia NS-LCD37 1 second to black

I have an insignia 37" lcd tv. when I turn the tv on the green light comes on and the screen flashes on for just a second and then it is black. the green light does stay on, but there is no sound. I have taken a flashlight and shinned on the screen and there is no video. I have tested all voltages coming out of the power supply and they are all correct. any help would be great thanks.

Re: Insignia NS-LCD37 1 second to black

did you shine the flashlight on the screen with a signal going to the tv? I have the exact same tv on my table right now. It has the exact symptom yours is having. The inverter board is a darfon with the typical bad inverter transformers. I'm waiting on ebay to get it fixed.

**EDIT**
    I do remember having a harder than usual time shining the light on this tv. It took 2 MAG flashlights and a completely pitch dark basement. I hit the menu key and finally saw it.
    Last edited by Mr Bill; 08-05-2012, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I will try the flashlight thing again. is there a way to test the transformers to see which ones are bad. Is it cheaper to replace the transformers or would it be cheaper to replace the entire board.

Comment

Ok I connected it lastnight to the DVD player and turned off all the lights. I do get sound and video when i shine the flashlight on the screen. Where would be the best place to get the transformers and is there a way to test to see which one is bad?

Comment

Hi pictures would always help?, if it has "normal" darfon transformers you can test them on board - meter on 2000 ohms S1>S2 and S3>S4
          Post results as
          T1 S1>S2 =XXXOhms S3>S4 = XXXOhms
          T2 S1>S2 = and so on.

Please also update your profile with Country and Mains Voltage
          Attached Files
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Can you post a picture of the inverter board?

It's half burried under the mainboard. Once you get a picture of it post the numbers on the top of the transformer. I ordered my transformer from ebay since it was only $7 and a used board was in the $40 range but it depends on which board you have. There are i think 3 different inverter boards used in this tv.

Comment

follow on from selldoors post,check all of the transformers,they all should be close readings,one that is different is a suspect.bloody darfons !
              fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
              please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

I will test the transformers tonight when I get home and post the results.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Just been looking at transformers - if you click on buy it on the lcdparts it gives info
                  (does not mean you have bought it) Sec winding is over 2kohms to you will need your meter on higher 4K? 20K? ohms or autoranging if you have it.when you do the test.
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/6008B-Invert...item25739de922

http://lcdparts.net/TransformerDetai...ProductID=3269

Suggesting where to buy from does depend on where you live.
                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Did you check all the fuses on the inverter board?
                    There is one that looks like surface mounted resistor that most people overlook.
                    Never stop learning
                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Yes, I check all three of the surface mounted fuses they all test good.

Comment

results
                        T1 S1>S2 =2.2k Ohms S3>S4 = 0k Ohms
                        T2 S1>S2 =2.2k Ohms S3>S4 = 2.2k Ohms
                        T3 S1>S2 =2.2k Ohms S3>S4 = 2.1k Ohms
                        T4 S1>S2 =2.2k Ohms S3>S4 = 2.2k Ohms
                        T5 S1>S2 =2.2k Ohms S3>S4 = 2.1k Ohms
                        T6 S1>S2 =2.2k Ohms S3>S4 = 2.2k Ohms
                        T7 S1>S2 =2.1k Ohms S3>S4 = 2.1k Ohms
                        T8 S1>S2 =2.2k Ohms S3>S4 = 2.2k Ohms

Looks like I just have one that is bad T1 has an open winding.

Comment

results
                          T1 S1>S2 =2.2k Ohms S3>S4 = 0k Ohms
                          T2 S1>S2 =2.2k Ohms S3>S4 = 2.2k Ohms
                          T3 S1>S2 =2.2k Ohms S3>S4 = 2.1k Ohms
                          T4 S1>S2 =2.2k Ohms S3>S4 = 2.2k Ohms
                          T5 S1>S2 =2.2k Ohms S3>S4 = 2.1k Ohms
                          T6 S1>S2 =2.2k Ohms S3>S4 = 2.2k Ohms
                          T7 S1>S2 =2.1k Ohms S3>S4 = 2.1k Ohms
                          T8 S1>S2 =2.2k Ohms S3>S4 = 2.2k Ohms

Looks like I just have one that is bad T1 has an open winding.

Comment

I replaced T1 Transformer on the Inverter board and tested the TV is now working thanks.

Comment

Well done - those darfons are a menace - designed to fail!!

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the exact same problem as the original poster and I've tested the transformers on my board and T7 came up with a very high reading (170k!) between S1 & S2. The rest of them came in around the 2.2k range.

Can anyone shed some light on what such a high number would indicate? Is it simply a matter of replacing that transformer?

Comment

Originally posted by cfsilence View Post
                                  Can anyone shed some light on what such a high number would indicate? Is it simply a matter of replacing that transformer?
                                  It is bad. Replace.
                                  --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                                  X