failed ccfl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

failed ccfl

When one of the lamps the invertor will shutdown when it senses the bad ccfl . I have found that a .01 uf 1000v cap can be subsituted for the lamp and the invertor will continue to function . On displays with 4 lamps the missing lamp is not noticable .

Re: failed ccfl

Post a picture of this workaround using the manage attachments function.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Sorry I should made the post clearer . I was trying to pass on some info that may be helpfull .

Comment

Originally posted by chetreynolds View Post
        I was trying to pass on some info that may be helpfull .
        I realized that and appreciate it. I wanted to see a picture of the workaround and see where/how you inserted the cap.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hmmm doesn't sound like too good an idea to me. How do you control the current?
          36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
            Hmmm doesn't sound like too good an idea to me. How do you control the current?
            A CCFL exhibits a negative resistance curve.

The inverter is designed to maintain a constant current output.

I'd be interested in how warm the cap gets after the monitor has been on for an hour or more.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by chetreynolds View Post
              When one of the lamps the invertor will shutdown when it senses the bad ccfl . I have found that a .01 uf 1000v cap can be subsituted for the lamp and the invertor will continue to function . On displays with 4 lamps the missing lamp is not noticable .
              I think perhaps this would be good for a temporary workaround just to test the other ccfls? Maybe I should go back and retest my lcd to see if all the lamps are really bad or just one or two. Could make quite a difference in repair costs. Thanks for your post.

Comment

I cliped the connector and soldered the cap to the connector leads and used heat shrink tubing for installation . I ran the monitor for over an hour and the cap remained cool . The display was a 22 inch with 4 lamps I could not see any degradation of the display .

Comment

Working...
                X