Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Fan Brands

any opinions on Akasa ?
    got some of them with the NZXT Beta case i bought used.
    not the quietest but ok..

Comment

Originally posted by 370forlife
      ...Superred is hard to find, but pretty good... Jamicon are actually pretty decent too.
      I have a few superred fans and a lot of jamicons in my collection, mostly removed from faulty PSUs. Good to know they are half-decent
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge
        Good Brands:
        - Minebea/NMB
        - Delta
        I like them, because they have powerful fans.

I have a screaming Delta on my Barton system now.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Has anyone herad of Top motor fans? I used a couple on my modded CPU cooler (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11562). Also, what about Protechnic? I've seen a few FSP PSUs with them.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

There is so many brands making brushless motors and fans in China...
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Tly i see fsp using adda fans. Lots of deltas are noisy imo. Antec top motor fans are nois but reliable. (afaik)

Comment

I see top motor a lot in cheaper power supplies like topower and the older antec CWT units. Makes me thing they might just be OK fans.

Protechnic are about the same IMO. Same with Power Logic. Also put Colorful Industrial in this category.

Globe Fan is a pretty good company.

Te Bao Metallic Plastic seem cheap, and they like to cease up. They can actually be quiet though and push decent air. You know how they are always found in sunpro power supplies? Thats because Te Bao is the name of the sunpro factory, Te Bao metallic plastic fans are made by sunpro.

Cherry brand fans are found in a lot of cheap yuelin made cases and power supplies, they are noisy and don't push much air. Superfan are found in some of the nicer sunpro made power supplies and cases, but they are questionable as I haven't seen too many of them around.
                Last edited by 370forlife; 10-29-2010, 06:38 PM.

Comment

NMB
                  Nonoise (uses different makers but they tend to be much low current fan for quiietness).
                  Delta
                  Nidec
                  Sankyo

A decent ball bearing fans listed above lasts long time and quiet. Under-volt them enough. 5V-6V is plenty for 12V fans.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

I found a seized Superred fan in a Macron PSU once. My overall impressions of it were not so good. Instead of having a normal rubber plug like most other fans, it had a plastic insert/plug pressed into the casing. Had to resort to drilling and let's just say it didn't look all that pretty afterwards. It worked though! Fan is lubed and running all good now.

Originally posted by 370forlife View Post
                    Protechnic are about the same IMO. Same with Power Logic. Also put Colorful Industrial in this category.
                    Power Logic is pretty decent. I've had one last 7 years @ pretty much full blast (10-11v) in a L&C PSU. Still works great. When I opened it, there was still plenty of oil in there and the sleeve had almost no play/wobble. Found another Power Logic in a Deer PSU too. Same decent quality.

Originally posted by 370forlife View Post
                    You know how they are always found in sunpro power supplies? Thats because Te Bao is the name of the sunpro factory, Te Bao metallic plastic fans are made by sunpro.
                    Interesting. Where do you get this info anyways.
                    ----
                    On a related note, I wonder if all of these sleeve bearing fans seize up do to improper (or rather lack of) lubrication at the factory.

Comment

the brand i consistantly see bad is xinrulian.
                      replaced a ton of them in early emachines and recently in vector/black&decker/power on board battery chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                        ----
                        On a related note, I wonder if all of these sleeve bearing fans seize up do to improper (or rather lack of) lubrication at the factory.
                        Travis at Jonnyguru lives in china and is very familiar with lots of power supply companies, big and small.

Another cheap fan brand, Rulian Science and Technology.

Comment

I've seen tons Ruilian Science fans fail.

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                            I've seen tons Ruilian Science fans fail.
                            see xinrulian above.

Comment

i relube any i have in use and they seem to go on forever.many are dry inside.
                              Originally posted by momaka View Post
                              I found a seized Superred fan in a Macron PSU once. My overall impressions of it were not so good. Instead of having a normal rubber plug like most other fans, it had a plastic insert/plug pressed into the casing. Had to resort to drilling and let's just say it didn't look all that pretty afterwards. It worked though! Fan is lubed and running all good now.

Power Logic is pretty decent. I've had one last 7 years @ pretty much full blast (10-11v) in a L&C PSU. Still works great. When I opened it, there was still plenty of oil in there and the sleeve had almost no play/wobble. Found another Power Logic in a Deer PSU too. Same decent quality.

----

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
                                i relube any i have in use and they seem to go on forever.many are dry inside.
                                Yes, I've noticed the same thing. Most do very well once they get cleaned and relubed. I got two CBE branded fans, which are basically an exact copy of those Rulian Science fans (same crappy molding of the fan blades and casing), and after relubing them, they've been running good for a few years now.

On the topic of good fan brands, I think Sunon are also an excellent choice. Most of them seem very quiet for the amount of air they move. Delta are good too and very reliable, but they tend to be noisy.
                                Last edited by momaka; 11-01-2010, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Nidec should be moved to OK list. They're not as good as they used to be.
                                  "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

i don't know whats a good brand but i can tell you apevia sucks. oh and yes i like sunon, ive seen them in many laptops and they seem to last along time.
                                    My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

The Sunon maglev fans seem to last forever. Their other fans not so much, but they're hardly the worst out there. I see quite a few noisy Sunons in older Dell PSUs.

Comment

I believe JMC datech are just rebranded NMB.

Comment

I agree with 370 on that one

Comment

Working...
                                          X