Question for TV experts on new tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for TV experts on new tv

Going to buy a new 20 some odd inch tv for my office, who makes a good one these days, and who should i avoid?

Re: Question for TV experts on new tv

Sony is still my set of choice....... My luck with their monitors isn't as good unfortunately tho....
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

In Consumer Reports surveys and tests, Toshiba has consistently ranked highly and is among the most reliable.
      The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

TV's in that size are very inexpensive now and include built in players.
        I just saw one, of course, at the grocery store, right next to the produce.
        It was so cheap I couldn't believe it, both price and quality.
        The name sounded like they also make soysauce and probably do.
        Badcaps? Definetely.
        Jim

Comment

low end toshiba tv-vcr-dvd sets are made by orion or funai.junk to avoid.
          sanyo is a decent set.
          panasonic is ok too.
          sharp is ok but they have been slipping lately.
          smal mitsubishi sets are rebadged sharps.
          sony crt's are short lived in new stuff.
          if i had to buy a set today it would be a hitachi as long as they built it.

Comment

funai are crap? hahahaha several of my friends bought funai. they have a nice billboard ad here though. it says "funai lcd tv - you see everything" and the picture shows an embarassed model covering her nudity on the tv.
            capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Philips is quite good, and has been the most reliable colour TV during the early days of colour TV. My 20+ year Japanese-made AWA-Thorn (Mitsubishi) set is still running well, with no repairs required since day one! This goes to show how well-built (and somewhat overdesigned) Japanese equipent used to be.
              My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

I just replaced my 16 year old Mitsubishi with a Philips.
                I am very happy with it. Both rear projection, big.
                Jim

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu
                  low end toshiba tv-vcr-dvd sets are made by orion or funai.junk to avoid.
                  sanyo is a decent set.
                  panasonic is ok too.
                  sharp is ok but they have been slipping lately.
                  smal mitsubishi sets are rebadged sharps.
                  sony crt's are short lived in new stuff.
                  if i had to buy a set today it would be a hitachi as long as they built it.

I have to agree with kc8adu Hitachi is an brand that are watching their backs they dont want to get their name "dirty" they have under all my years as an advanced consumer allways provided highest possible quality for the "mid range"
                  price section remember back in 93-94 when i had mine first hitachi hrd-md50 with an cd player that the laser pickup where defective i checked the price on the laser pickup module and funny was that hitachi had their own "service department" who handled all service issues i think the laser should cost like 130-150$ but their price out to the customer where only like 99$ so by sending the unit to them i saved some money

Comment

Part of my job involves entertainment centers for the salon (living room) of a boat.
                    These large yacht owners are often "frugal".
                    They seem to be getting these Visio sets, I think from some big dept. store.
                    This company's goal is units out the door, don't think the clean name is in thier plan.
                    Jim

Comment

I was just going to say , that if I had a choice on a smaller tv , I might check out Vizio because they are a Walmart item. Don't know about 20"+ , but 32" LCD is available. The Vizio's seem to be very popular and have a great resale value because of the full-featured inputs on the rear of the set. They can be used as a computer monitor as well.

My second choice would be Panasonic , as they seem to be popping up in the most rare places for sale , because nobody is selling them , they are keeping them. Samsung has a great lineup , but I'm impartial to Toshiba , seeing as Hitachi and Toshiba have been competing since the days of solid state transistors , where the channel selector was gone , and the remotes were in.

Comment

Working...
                      X