Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone has X551CA Bios dump ? laptop power gets to the first mosfet then nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone has X551CA Bios dump ? laptop power gets to the first mosfet then nothing

Could this be a bios issue? i took the bios out, try to read it and it says its BLANK, therefore my suspicion. x551ca rev 2.2. this is the bios i got from the website but its in .211 format and its too large when i try to use it
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacktek; 08-14-2015, 05:53 PM.

Re: does anyone has X551CA Bios dump ? laptop power gets to the first mosfet then not

bump

Comment

Re: does anyone has X551CA Bios dump ? laptop power gets to the first mosfet then not

bump

Comment

Could be, from another forum:

You might need to inject form old dump sn,mac,win key
        from address 21048d to 2330ff to this one.
        Attached Files

Comment

first two mosfets are driven by charging ic.

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
            first two mosfets are driven by charging ic.
            good to know but i dont think im getting power on the charging ic, ill double check

Comment

Originally posted by khaahk View Post
              Could be, from another forum:

You might need to inject form old dump sn,mac,win key
              from address 21048d to 2330ff to this one.
              Thank you soo much my friends but you lost me at "You might need to inject form old dump sn,mac,win key
              from address 21048d to 2330ff to this one". AS MY OLD CHIP SAYS IS BLANK.

Would this work if i use it just the way you sent it?

Comment

Yes it should work without these numbers, but you might have windows license problems, network card problems...
                If old chip was all blank, then you have nothing to copy from there.

Comment

Originally posted by khaahk View Post
                  Yes it should work without these numbers, but you might have windows license problems, network card problems...
                  If old chip was all blank, then you have nothing to copy from there.
                  Im using CH341A programmer but it wont let me use this type of file, it says supported files are .Bin and .HEX

Comment

Hi
                    Yes fixable the only way is get a donor bios and rebuild the me region ...if you just use a donor fans will be full speed or reboots all caused by me region once a intel computer boots it's married to that computer ....not the case for amd plateform .
                    i could do it when i'm not so busy
                    techman1025

Comment

hi here is a new file if laptop boots then i will rebuild me region and you will be set to go.
                      Techman1025
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by techman1025 View Post
                        hi here is a new file if laptop boots then i will rebuild me region and you will be set to go.
                        Techman1025
                        thanks a million techman2015..im going to try it out and ill keep you updated.

Comment

I keep getting an error msg saying "write operations timeout failed"

Comment

Bad bios chip?
                            Bad contact with chip?
                            Bad programmer?

I am not familiar with this programmer software - does the chip get id-d correctly?

I have used many times dumps from donors without rebuilding the image.

Comment

this chip is a Windbond 25Q64FVS1G but the software detects a 25Q64BV, this might be the reason why. Couldnt find it manually either.
                              Would you recommend a good software that is compatible with this programmer?

Comment

If it is a 25Q64FW - then it is 1.8V flash - then it needs an adapter.
                                Can not find an 25Q64FV datasheet...

Comment

my friend , if voltage is not passing true first mosfet , then lift second mosfet , and inject 19 volts again and chek if you now got voltage on the outher side of the mosfet .. and also if gate voltage is correct . if so replace the mosfet you lifted and simply is fine to turn on .. alltough and one member sayed , first mosfet are controler by charger IC ,, so i believe you got a bad FET or could have something wrong with charger ic

Comment

alltough if you reading a dump that is empty could be causes due to incompatibility with your rom flasher (time to times you have to install new firmware for you hardware (it will also add new chips to the system read) i had problems with a few samsungs , bad reading etc etc , after firmware update , all good now
                                    but in any case if you bios is dead Techman is a great HEXA guy he will fix you this for sure .

Comment

Thankx a bunch guys. I found two other boards with the 25Q64 bios chip, but i dont know if they are compatible. i got a 25Q64FWS1G from a Toshiba C55 and a 25Q64FVS1 from a dv6-7000.
                                      Last edited by Blacktek; 08-18-2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by highpulse View Post
                                        alltough if you reading a dump that is empty could be causes due to incompatibility with your rom flasher (time to times you have to install new firmware for you hardware (it will also add new chips to the system read) i had problems with a few samsungs , bad reading etc etc , after firmware update , all good now
                                        but in any case if you bios is dead Techman is a great HEXA guy he will fix you this for sure .
                                        Can i use a different software for my hardware? If so which one, im using the CH341A programmer but it doesnt really work for all 24x,25x chips.

Comment

Working...
                                        X