Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UA40H6400AW Is it a bad T-Con Panel or Power supply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UA40H6400AW Is it a bad T-Con Panel or Power supply?

Good day everyone , i need some help with my samsung my tv picture suddenly went from a perfectly normal bright and contrast into a plain dark with no contrast at all right after my little niece accidentaly plug out the power cable the tv condition at that time is on the process of updating firmware. after i turn it back on the very first thing i notice right away is there's a difference on the smart tv logo that appear at the startup when the logo appear it's dark and after about 1 second it turns into a little bright before this happen the logo appear bright right at the start. all the other function and feature still working normally there's no issue at all besides on what i have describe
    the picture are normal and still quite visible its just not as bright and contrast as before

What do u guys think? Thanks

Re: Samsung UA40H6400AW Is it a bad T-Con Panel or Power supply?

unplugging the TV during firmware update is a big no no. You can try to update the firmware again. Try doing a factory default and set the TV's picture up again to your liking. If that isn't satisfactory, you can try to find a dump file and flash the chip directly with a programmer, or a new main board.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
      unplugging the TV during firmware update is a big no no. You can try to update the firmware again. Try doing a factory default and set the TV's picture up again to your liking. If that isn't satisfactory, you can try to find a dump file and flash the chip directly with a programmer, or a new main board.
      Oh i see , yeah luckily the tv is still running fine it could have been worse. okay i'll try it later see if it does solve the issue thanks

Comment

Or maybe is it possible that when the unplugging happen it also damaged the other board or panel component

Comment

Originally posted by omnivortex View Post
          Or maybe is it possible that when the unplugging happen it also damaged the other board or panel component
          that would be a coincident.

Comment

that would be a coincident.
            Good day , I have already done the factory reset and firmware update successfully but
            the picture doesn't change at all its still dark.

Comment

And you redid your tv settings brightness backlight settings etc?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                And you redid your tv settings brightness backlight settings etc?
                Yes , i resetting the picture setting exactly the same as before

Comment

Head scratcher, wonder if a service menu setting got messed up somehow, have to be very careful if you do go in service menu tho, can mess up tv if done wrong.

Comment

Head scratcher, wonder if a service menu setting got messed up somehow, have to be very careful if you do go in service menu tho, can mess up tv if done wrong.
                    No , i didn't change the service menu at all its out of the box setting

Is there any chance that a failure power suply or T-con board can cause the tv picture into dark lack of brightness and contrast?
                    Last edited by omnivortex; 02-18-2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Was reading where a sony update made picture dark, wonder if it's just a bad firmware they put out, wonder if you can downgrade the firmware as in go back to the last one you had before update?

Comment

read this maybe: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/t...hile-watching/

Comment

^ Yes good things to try there. ^

Comment

Was reading where a sony update made picture dark, wonder if it's just a bad firmware they put out, wonder if you can downgrade the firmware as in go back to the last one you had before update?
                            Oh i see , actually i've been thinking about it couple times too and luckily there's a friend of mine that has a same tv as mine and i have an idea to swap my tv mainboard into his tv to make sure is it really the firmware. maybe tonight im gonna test it with my friend

Comment

Yes that's it my tv condition right now is exactly the same like the example on the link that you posted. it used to be that bright & contrast then it becomes dark & no contrast. i also have check all of my eco + power setting but all of them is already disabled

Comment

If you go to OSD '?'OSD/Self Diagnostic/Picture Test does the pictures look normal with nice and bright and good contrast?
                                I have UN40C7000 that has dark pictures 2 years ago, pictures look great in self test mode, so I did factory reset mute-1-8-2 and it has been working fine ever since, I use it everyday in my bed room.
                                Since my TV is not the same as yours so yours may not have self test mode.
                                Last edited by budm; 02-24-2019, 02:09 PM.
                                Never stop learning
                                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                X