Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small TK caps on MSI P31 Neo V2 aka MS-7392

Hello All,

I got a four year old P31 Neo V2 equipped with TK, Ost, G-Luxon and one Teapo. By now 16 out of 19 of the small TK ATWY 1000uF 6,3V TK caps have bulged.

The problem is, I cant manage to find any datasheet mentioning these. This one is all I found. But, the caps MSI used here are 8mm in diameter and I would guess 11,5mm high. What would you suggest to use as replacement?

I guess it would be wise to change the other TKs aswell. They are in primary CPU VRM and primary aswell for RAM, I think. What would you do with the shiny cyan Ost near the CPU and the 8mm G-Luxons for USB 5V?

I wonder if it will be worth it, probably not if I had to change just every singe cap on that board. The PC is on light, only private use and decently cooled. So these TKs really could not stand anything. Who knows they would have gone awry if stored in a warehouse, aswell.

Here is the complete List for MS-7392 Ver. 1.2

19x - TK ATWY 1000uF 6,3V 8mm/11,5mm - everywhere
    7x - TK ATWB 1000uF 16V 8mm/20mm - VRM
    11x - Ost RLA 680uF 4V 8mm/9mm - CPU VRM sec.
    4x - G-Luxon LU? 470uF 10V 8mm/11,5 or 12mm - USB
    1x - Teapo SZ 470uF 16V 8mm/11mm - near PCIe 16x
    1x - Ost RLG 470uF 10V 6,3mm/11mm - above Southbrigde

Any ideas, suggestions and datasheets are very welcome.

Cheers, A.
    Attached Files

Re: Small TK caps on MSI P31 Neo V2 aka MS-7392

ftp://helpedia.com/pub/temp/datashee...in%20Kogyo%5D/

for TK Toshin Kogyo

You'll find the others on that ftp as well.

Sigh, that ftp's a mess. I guess I should move my ass and clean it up.

Comment

Wow, that was fast. Thank you for the datasheet, mariushm.

As it turns out the bulged ATWB are 25mΩ and handle 1300mA ripple. What would be more important to match, impedance or ripple?

Oh dear, I can only find Nichicon HM 820uF with 30mΩ and 1140mA at farnell.

Are those specs made up by TK? I cant believe that this is for real.

Cheers, A.

Comment

Wait a moment, I clicked the wrong datasheet. The ATWY series doesnt feature 1000µ 6,3V 8mm. Thats only in ATWB.

Huh, thats strange.

Comment

Use capacitors rated for 10v or 16v where you can, instead of 6.3v. Bigger can size, better specs.

A few mOhms extra won't make much difference and i do believe those were somewhat optimistic values listed in TKs datasheets.

Comment

I would advise changing those capacitors CPU VRM (those blue OST), for a solid. are bad, I had a MSI 661FM3-V and is swelled several of these capacitors causing failure.

A photo of a several swollen ...

Last edited by kevin!; 07-03-2013, 04:02 PM.
            Gaming pc:
            nVidia RTX 3080 TI, Corsair RM750I.
            Workshop PC:
            Intel core i5 8400, Intel SSD 256GB, nvidia gt1030, asus b365-a.
            Server:

Comment

The TK caps on my Acer Aspire M5630 are doing fine. :/

Could it be related to board design?
              Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 07-03-2013, 04:14 PM.
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post

Can be,
                Some time ago two plates pull a packard bell MSI (is also in hp / acer / PB) TK swollen capacitors. I think they put capacitors unsuitable for faster spoilage.
                I found that the line PSU to have capacitors 10v in line 12v ...
                Gaming pc:
                nVidia RTX 3080 TI, Corsair RM750I.
                Workshop PC:
                Intel core i5 8400, Intel SSD 256GB, nvidia gt1030, asus b365-a.
                Server:

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post

No. TK are just plain straight unreliable. There are many recorded failures here on BCN forums.

Maybe you just got a somewhat decent batch from them.
                  Or maybe they aren't under that much stress in your system.
                  Or maybe they are bad/starting to fail but just not showing it. If your motherboard uses a good design, perhaps it's just capable of working even with some of them going bad. But that's never a good thing.

In any case, if the motherboard is of any value to you, then you should recap it.
                  Last edited by momaka; 07-05-2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

The only good thing about TK caps? They fail which means I got a free "broken" motherboard Is it true that some are based out of Japan and some are based out of Taiwan?

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
                      The only good thing about TK caps? They fail which means I got a free "broken" motherboard Is it true that some are based out of Japan and some are based out of Taiwan?
                      It may be true. I have TKs on an Acer Aspire M5630 and no signs of them failing.
                      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I think TK's head office is in Japan, but their factories are in either Taiwan or China.
                        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Working...
                        X