lg 60pb660v plasma tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lg 60pb660v plasma tv

The above tv stays on now thanks to help from some badcap members . But after the Y sus repair I am getting pixels that take a couple of seconds to go and are several different colours -please have a look at the photos I have attached.

I have run the test patterns and its evident to a degree.

I have adjusted the set up and dn without any success and all the voltages are as follows

va 55
    vs 205
    vy 181
    vzb 135

Any help would be appreciated (I have reseated the ribbon from the main board to the tcon several times, tvs still the same)
    What I found strange how the tv retains image of the tv settings menu please see last two photos
    Attached Files
    Last edited by thuss; 08-18-2016, 01:30 AM.

Re: lg 60pb660v plasma tv

Image retention (IR). Turn down contrast brightness etc and display only moving pictures not static images. A web search of this problem will assist you. Are there any other adjustment buttons on board other than vs va as a minor tweak can quickly affect pixel display. Plasma burn-in period recommended anywhere from 100-250 hours operation without static images or lots of black screen.

Comment

Try turning down VS slightly worked for me on a samsung plasma

Comment

Looks like Zsus issue to me, whats Zbias running at ?

Edit: my bad just seen Vz is good, remove the Zsus and check for cold solder joints on the ERC coils.
        Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 08-18-2016, 07:06 AM.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by maxvalutech View Post
          Image retention (IR). Turn down contrast brightness etc and display only moving pictures not static images. A web search of this problem will assist you. Are there any other adjustment buttons on board other than vs va as a minor tweak can quickly affect pixel display. Plasma burn-in period recommended anywhere from 100-250 hours operation without static images or lots of black screen.
          Thats not Ir at all thats improperly charged cells meaning Sus board issue.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

I will have a look later and keep you updated.

I have seen people mention the coils before but I will have a look.

Thank you

I did turn the vs down but no difference
            Last edited by thuss; 08-18-2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Respect other comments but your pic shows contrast set at 90 to start with and energy save is off. Suggest factory reset as a starting point for settings and then analyse. How old is the set?

Comment

Respect other comments but your pic shows contrast set at 90 to start with and energy save is off. Suggest factory reset as a starting point for settings and then analyse. How old is the set?
                Where did I not "respect" you ? Was simply pointing out, you going to be another forum cry baby ?

Comment

Those were just an initial couple of photos, I did a factory reset, I also software updated it and resoldered the joints on the z sus there was only one coil but everything looked fine.

The contrast, brightness have all been decreased but still no difference.

I think I will change all the mosfets on the y sus/replacing the y sus failing that I'm stumped any ideas would be appreciated?
                  Last edited by thuss; 08-18-2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

2.5 years old

Comment

Reecey easily upset - the remark was addressed to the set owner to respect others comments but to consider all. The set should be well and truly burnt in by now - what voltage is going to control board and what is the led showing?

Comment

Ok, also this isnt a controller fault one of the susboards isnt running the panel properly. Have you a scope OP ?

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                          Ok, also this isnt a controller fault one of the susboards isnt running the panel properly. Have you a scope OP ?
                          From previous post pic the buffers look to be 2 halves but with a joiner ribbon - can they be split one at a time for testing one against the other? Disconnected from main one at a time that is.
                          Last edited by maxvalutech; 08-18-2016, 09:07 PM.

Comment

From previous post pic the buffers look to be 2 halves but with a joiner ribbon - can they be split one at a time for testing one against the other? Disconnected from main one at a time that is.
                            They can be connected and I have tested them i.e as per youtube testing 50pg3000 etc buffers.

I think there is another weak component on the Y sus.

If there was a problem with the buffers I would have expected horizontal lines?

Comment

Soz no scope

Comment

The buffers are fine, they would not cause this issue anyway. Whats -VSC running at ? Its something on the Susboards not working and charging the panel properly.

Comment

The buffers are fine, they would not cause this issue anyway. Whats -VSC running at ? Its something on the Susboards not working and charging the panel properly.

I checked it last night and it was 29.4 volts- which I thought was way to low?
                                  I think the vsc should be about 150?

(The measurement I took of vsc is on the connector block between buffers and Y sus I will double check)

To get the YsuS working I replaced the AUK C3C16 SMK0825 with a fdp51n25. May be Ive put the wrong replacement in and its surpressing. I only used a 51n25 after it was stated that it could be used as an equivalent
                                  Last edited by thuss; 08-19-2016, 12:37 PM.

Comment

The VSC is only 30v

Comment

Take a photo of the circuit where you have replaced the FETS (underside of the board)

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
                                        Take a photo of the circuit where you have replaced the FETS (underside of the board)

Sorry about the poor soldering -genuine soldering iron failure, heating it upon a cooker.

Its not q402 etc. YD.they look ok.

I'm not sure on this. I replaced q552 and q553.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X