sony tv kdl 46 xbr2 no video or sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sony tv kdl 46 xbr2 no video or sound

Mr Budm I will test the voltage as u posted the area of the article as far as LVDS cable to check on the 5volts coming from BE2 board this afternoon and reply back to you. At least I know what those tiny tiny blinking LED lights or now on Main board. One is orange and one is green in 2 different locations on main board. I will get back to you with the results.

Comment

ok now after testing LVDS cable coming out of Be2 board and at end of cable that goes into tconn board i had 1 volt up to 3 volts only on one pin the sixth pin on both ends. Also now I still have the tiny green light blinking on QM BOARD BUT DO NOT HAVE THE ORANGE BLINKING LIGHT ON anymore on the BE2 board. I also do not have the 2.88 volts on the dimmer pin any longer on the cn6202 connector that I oringinally sent you a picture of voltages. Also now after 45 seconds of being turned on the green light and sony light will turn off for a second after a click which is a transformer on the main power board then power on light and the Sony light will turn back on. I also tried to run 3.5 volts to the back light on pin to see if back lights would turn on but nothing happened. Mr. Budm any ideas? thank you in advance.

Comment

No ideas.
        Never stop learning
        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Well If I try a few things and if something works I will report back. It seemed that the TConn board was the answer but Now everything changed and I did nothing that Im awAre of. Thank you as always for assisting where and when you can.

Comment

Hi everyone.

My KDL-46XBR2 just went kaput with the same symptom.
            Before I send it out for repair, can anyone tell me how much does the part called t-con cost.
            Just want to have any idea so I can decide either to get it repaired or buy a new TV.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi moderator,

I have completed my profile online. Does it mean I can now post?
              Thank you.

Comment

Corrupted firmware seems to be the only thing that makes sense here. Unfortunately, I'm unable to locate any firmware versions for this particular model.

Comment

I have a similar set, a KDL46XBR6 built 2008. I got it with a symptom of vertical colored stripes and 14 blink code. The TV ran for a few minutes, backlight on, and the input video appeared every tenth stripe or so among the solid color stripes. Then it powered down and threw the blink code.

After searching the Sony threads pointing to the T-Con board, I measured an open surface-mount fuse on the T-Con next to CN701 LVDS connector. Replaced it with same value/same specs from Digikey. Now I have 12VDC on both ends of the fuse. The symptom has changed. Backlight stays on, Green power LED stays on, no Standby blink. But the screen is still filled with the vertical stripes.

I'm considering sending the T-Con to PTS Electronics to repair. What are the probabilities that the T-Con had more than one fault?
                  Attached Files

Comment

If you disconnect one ribbon from the TCON and switch on do you get half a picture and half white or dark screen. Reconnect and repeat for 2nd ribbon.
                    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                      If you disconnect one ribbon from the TCON and switch on do you get half a picture and half white or dark screen. Reconnect and repeat for 2nd ribbon.
                      Hi, and thanks for the question.
                      Disconnecting the left-side ribbon caused dark left side with a 3" wide set of white stripes. Then disconnection of the right-side ribbon caused a black right-half, which clouded to white after a few minutes. In each case the side left connected displayed colored vertical stripes brighter than before.

Comment

That's left me puzzled. Was hoping that at least a decent half picture would appear.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by dick_barton; 06-24-2016, 05:39 PM.
                        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks for posting the manual. I found a compatible T-Con and it's on the way.

Comment

I've lost 12V that was fed to the TCon fuse by the LVDS cable. Its present on the Power Supply. No obvious test points for it on the BU Main board. There is still a one per second green LED blink on the BU board, which I understand means the microprocessor is working.
                            Last edited by steves7839; 07-02-2016, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Forum, thanks for looking! I posted a continuation of the issue with my -46xbr6 here;

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...155#post705155

Comment

Sony kdl-46xbr3 Is my model no lights no sound removed cover and checked one fuse on board near ac plug. Any ideas . Again no lights

Comment

No backlight, no picture, no audio, but green light solid lit.,

when this happens the problem can be caused by the au board, the tcon, and the be2 board. The trick is to look for a heartbeat led on the be2 board. If no heartbeat led on be2, it is the most likely cause. Good luck. I pulled my hair out on this. I had tried an au board and a tcon board.

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyp View Post
                                    Sony kdl-46xbr3 Is my model no lights no sound removed cover and checked one fuse on board near ac plug. Any ideas . Again no lights
                                    Please start you own new thread.

Comment

Sony kdl-46xbr2...Looking for t-conn board and how to get access to it. Service manual lists no board by that name .Just letters and numbers.Attaching pic. If what I have labelled is T-conn board ?? How to get out. looks like heat sink is screwed in from back side or does heat sink just pull off?? or split the chassis to get to .. Tv has no picture no sound no backlights. swapped out both the main and power boards..no change.. Green power light is on as well as amber lights on be2 board..
                                      thanks all
                                      Attached Files

Comment

you undo the two screws... the heat sink then "pivots" up from there as the two "bottom" fingers lock into slots to hold the "bottom" (based on the posted picture). The heat sink is "stuck" with a thermal pad to the main chip so it does take a bit of lifting... gentle / continuous force to cause it to detach.

Comment

What Voltage testing have you done so far on the power supply board?
                                          No Power LED blinking for error code?
                                          Last edited by budm; 04-10-2019, 01:37 PM.
                                          Never stop learning
                                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                          X