Samsung UA40CEH6030 No picture DONT DO THIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UA40CEH6030 No picture DONT DO THIS

Hi Guys, I know I have another unresolved thread, but I just had to post this.

The set was presented to me, and I was informed a family member had used a hand held high voltage fly swatter on a fly that had settled on his LCD screen.
    (looks like a tennis racquet but has HV leads instead of Gut/strings).

Disconnecting the ribbons from the Tcon one at a time I noticed that disconnecting the right ribbon (Right from the front) that I got half a picture. (see photo)

I was convinced that the panel was faulty on the right, and that it was causing the Tcon to malfunction, giving no picture. (rnr/ uneconomical)

However on re-assembly I noted two "pock" marks on the Tcon, that lined up with the holes for the Stand. (see photo).

The Stand screws are not the originals, are long and obviously damaged the Tcon.

I don't know what to make of this.
    a) only Tcon damage (Screw damage)
    b) Tcon & Panel Damage.(screw & fly swatter)

I only see now whilst creating this thread, that a metal plate seems to be missing, (surely the stand cant only be secured by the back cover only.)
    I think the owner is Bull sh1ting me.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Grunder; 01-12-2017, 04:01 AM. Reason: typo's

Re: Samsung UA40CEH6030 No picture DONT DO THIS

Well you can be lucky and only need to replace the T-con. Its definitely shorted because of the screws. Did you check the fuse on the t-con?

I have see this before , i think a new t-con might do the trick.
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

with a blown fuse on the Tcon you wouldn't get a half of a picture on the screen.

Comment

Looks as though someone else has been inside and as you say used the wrong screws. The 3rd picture certainly shows that some of the tracks have been shorted to ground.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

is that the correct model number as google finds no match?

Comment

The plate is missing. How did the TV even stay mounted on the stand?
            Craigslist Picks & Fixes

2 ea - Samsung 52"
            Samsung 60"

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
              is that the correct model number as google finds no match?
              Sorry it should be UA40EH6030, without the C. How do I correct it?

Comment

Where's the cover for the T-Con, it's usually in a sheet metal can?
                Also, the T-Con should have had a sticker on it, Samsung usually puts it near the panel connectors?

Comment

Originally posted by 102mm View Post
                  The plate is missing. How did the TV even stay mounted on the stand?

I can only guess they picked up the set from the previous repairer (guilty party), and maybe laid it on the back seat of the car, and didn't notice.

I slot the tv's on their side face to back on booking in so I didn't notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                    Well you can be lucky and only need to replace the T-con. Its definitely shorted because of the screws. Did you check the fuse on the t-con?

I have see this before , i think a new t-con might do the trick.
                    I hope so, I had actually quoted the set as
                    Returned Not Repaired/uneconomical.

I have informed the person, but no response so far. Must still get price from agent for T-con.

My only concern is that the screen was verily damaged by the fly zapper, then I've wasted money on the T-con?

Then again maybe the person knew, and was trying to get a damage report from me so he could screw the insurance for a new set (accidental damage). Not the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by srhofmann View Post
                      Where's the cover for the T-Con, it's usually in a sheet metal can?
                      Also, the T-Con should have had a sticker on it, Samsung usually puts it near the panel connectors?
                      That's what I thought, I've never seen an LCD with out a "can" over the T-con.
                      And the Stands always attach to a bracket arrangement that attaches to the main frame.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                        Looks as though someone else has been inside and as you say used the wrong screws. The 3rd picture certainly shows that some of the tracks have been shorted to ground.
                        Hi Dick, yes, I should have included a photo of the screws, galvanised type screws that you would find on a kids play ground swing.

A bit dismayed that I had concluded that the panel was faulty, then again I was going on the person's information. Misled unfortunately.
                        Last edited by Grunder; 01-12-2017, 09:24 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Thanks all the responses, might be awhile before I have a resolution, going to let the repair simmer awhile, and see what response I get from the person.
                          Last edited by Grunder; 01-12-2017, 09:23 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I have seen this a few times now.
                            Worng stand screws going into t con

Key note
                            If the screws appear too long or not original ones.
                            Go straight to the tcon and look for damage

Very evident on some hitachi lcd
                            where there is few mm clearance with the original screws.

Comment

I think the fly zapper crap story is a cover up. I would ask him where he hit the LCD screen with it, without telling him which side doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X