Sohoware NDH305 hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sohoware NDH305 hub

Bought this hub a while back and used it as a secondary device because speed wasn't important. It died one day by disconnecting nodes and then the lights on the front panel got dimmer. I said "WTH' and immediately took the cover off. On the low-voltage input side beyond the diodes, choke, and axial fuse is one damn domed Wendell 470uF 25V! It is traced to one of the legs of the mosfet close by. I contacted the manufacturer about the "quality" of components they used (all Wendell) and they replied they were sorry there was nothing they could do since it was beyond its useful life. If they didn't put shit in it, it would have a full "useful" life. Engineered obselesence by way of Taiwan and especially China. I'm having flashbacks of Wendell from the Soyo AT boards I had repaired. What if we took the people who decided to use these crappy caps and put bad components in them? Then they would see what end of useful life really meant. Didn't Gates come up with this life cycle crap in order to indoctinate more people in to the Micro$ mantra? Upgrade! Upgrade! Upgrade!

Re: Sohoware NDH305 hub

i agree with you on the cheaping out of manufacturers especially on the small hubs. what like 4 or so caps? would cost what. anyway it is easy to recap hubs. i had some intel inbusiness hubs, good caps on some not good on others. anyway the psu with nice rubycon caps crapped out on all units one by one. design fault? i dont know. i got some still running in a few very small offices with new psu and new heatsink replacing hsf on one chip. damn fan breaks maybe before the psu. anyway nice for sharing dsl and by no means is 10/100 obsolete trash candidate at the moment. a few bucks and it is again useful. the 3com officeconnect 8 ports on the other hand with 4 new good caps they are fine for more years, psu is still good after years.
    Last edited by willawake; 10-21-2005, 03:14 PM.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

[ What if we took the people who decided to use these crappy caps and put bad components in them? Then they would see what end of useful life really meant. ![/QUOTE]

Cyborgs? With badcaps!
      Jim

Comment

goddam robochick with badcaps......real thing is difficult enough

Attached Files
        Last edited by willawake; 10-21-2005, 03:24 PM.
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

LOL
          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

very funny pics (:
            The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Working...
            X