Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECS K7SOM+ v:7.5c with missing components

Heya!

I acquired this lil board. It is currently not in a functional state. It is in a not-too-bad state of disrepair. It has a 1.3ghz onboard duron The problem is missing caps and what looks like a transistor or voltage regulator. Missing caps are in the VRM and on the memory side of the cpu. The bigger caps are missing, smaller ones are still there. The second missing component is a voltage regulator/transistor next to the ATX power connection. There are two of then right below the connector, between two caps. The left one is missing in my case. If anybody has this board or a similiar one, i would be really grateful l if you would tell me the spec/model/part number for the missing transistor. The one next to it is an ARL 431 PF81Y. I have no idea what the board does, as i currently have no intention for powering it on.

Any help strongly appreciated!
    I can put text here?!

Re: ECS K7SOM+ v:7.5c with missing components

Anyone?
    I can put text here?!

Comment

I dont think you will get much help without good clear in focus well lit pictures.
      pictures of each board, front and back (in the same orientation) and close up of problem areas (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) using the manage attachments button, which is found by clicking "go advanced" under quick reply.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

I know I dont have to look at it but I dont think your signature is really appropriate in most of the forums.
      There are sections where it would be better placed.
      May even stop some members helping.
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Are the parts missing because they were removed by somebody, or are they missing because they were never installed at the factory? Because I have some ECS mobos where some large caps in the CPU VRM weren't installed, and I have an MSI mobo where 2 MOSFETs weren't installed. I think I've seen mobos with a missing 3-pin transistor or linear regulator. Pictures of the K7SOM+ on the Internet tubes show an empty space for a large CPU VRM cap.

Comment

They were removed, because there still is flux on the board and the holes are not clean.
          I can put text here?!

Comment

Lots of time has passed, finally had time to work on it Put the caps back in, all 6.3v 3300uF G-Luxons, just for a test. Also, the missing transistor must be a PNP, since the one next to it (connected to it) is an NPN. It's marked as ARL 431 PF58Y https://www.google.ee/search?q=pf58y...w=1525&bih=712

Anyone got any idea what the missing 3pin transistor could be?
            I can put text here?!

Comment

Like was mentioned in post 2 by selldoor, you really need to post some pictures. Then we can trace what this "missing" transistor goes to and possibly suggest what it's supposed to be. The "ARL 431 PF58Y" "transistor" next to it may be just a 431 shunt regulator and not a transistor at all, but it's hard to tell without pictures and what package it's in.

So you can do either that. Or you can wait until someone who has the same board chimes in and tells you exactly what that part is. Given that this is an older motherboard, I wouldn't count on this.

Comment

Alright, some pictures will come soon.
                I can put text here?!

Comment

I think it might be worth considering why there are missing components matey. Maybe it was a complete dead case that was parted out?
                  Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Comment

Working...
                  X