Viewsonic vx910

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewsonic vx910

My monitor starting blinking green,with of course no display...
    Attached Files

Re: Viewsonic vx910

I,ve replaced the two caps far right bottom corner and the one under the large transformer.....no cookie...they were buldged..
    Last edited by Maluko75; 09-22-2009, 06:35 PM. Reason: adding info

Comment

:update: I hooked up the vid cable and it'll flash the image but won't stay on constant....??

Comment

Originally posted by Maluko75
        :update: I hooked up the vid cable and it'll flash the image but won't stay on constant....??
        You are going to have to be more precise with your description of the problem.

OK, you replaced 3 caps. Did you replace with the same capacity and voltage? What brand and series did you use?

What do you mean by "but won't stay on constant"? Does the backlight turn on, then go off and stay off until you cycle the Power button on the monitor? Or do you mean the Power button flashes on and off, and the appears and disappears?

As a first step, replace C21

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

When i fix the VX910 and vx924 monitors with the same problem i replace 4 electrolytic caps and two ceramic by the transformers. I also replace 4 transistors on the bottom side.. This cures the problem 100%

Comment

Ok it flashes and shows image then disappears,bill you said c21 even if it's not bulged? Also The caps are the panasonic E series..
            Hey Mau-- the transitors on the bottom side #?

Comment

Ok it flashes and shows image then disappears,bill you said c21 even if it's not bulged? Also The caps are the panasonic E series..
              Hey Mau-- the transitors on the bottom side #?
              Panasonic E series???? Hoo, boy. Should be FC series. And yes, it is possible the transistors in the inverter are causing the problem.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Whats the difference in e and f?

Comment

I had ordered both series E was longer lasting then the F series...

Comment

See thread: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7875
                    veritas odium parit

Comment

Hey Bill i'll go ahead and order the correct caps FC not EB,Maybe thats my problem(Eager to see things work without proper info) you know...

Comment

Hey Bill i'll go ahead and order the correct caps FC not EB,Maybe thats my problem(Eager to see things work without proper info) you know...
                        I would also suggest checking out the transistors as mentioned by Maugli. The current symptoms point to a problem in the inverter or CCFLs. It's pretty well accepted that failed caps in the power supply can overstress the transistors in the inverter.

PlainBill

Comment

So on the under side right/ The tiny little transitors?

Comment

Yep. Maybe you should ask Maugli for the exact details.

PlainBill

Comment

Maluko75, I do not have the board in front of me anymore.
                              The transistors on the bottom and surface mounted. they will have lettering of DK QB or something like that. Digi-key has them they whole repair should cost you under 10 dollars with parts to spare.. and take less then 20 min if you can unsolder the transistors without braking the traces

Comment

Post a good picture of the underside, especially of the transistors.

PlainBill

Comment

So how do i check the transitors to see if their faulty,i've replaced all those caps on top...

Comment

Set DMM to diode check. Measure from base to collector switch orientation of probes you should only get a reading in one direction. Do the same for base to emitter any short indicates a bad transistor.

Based on the pics of 2 inverter transformers (near the blue HV caps) you will have 2 transistors per transformer. Since I can't find them on the top side of the board they are surface mounted on the underside of the board usually as close to the transformers as possible.
                                    Last edited by Krankshaft; 10-02-2009, 08:16 AM.
                                    Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

The underside of the board coming soon.....works got me tooo busy.

Comment

For those who are trying to repair this monitor, a service manual (actually for the Beleina 101910) can be found here. Thanks, pmm007 for the link.

The transistors mentioned are available as DK Qx from Fran's LCD Monitor Repair on eBay for $7.50 a pair plus shipping. OR they are available as 2SC4672 Q from Digikey (part number 2SC4672T100QCT-ND) for $.72 each.

To others who are going through the same hell I did, the transistors are labeled DK at one end and QH, QQ, QF, QD, etc at the other. The Q indicates gain, the second letter is a production code.

PlainBill
                                        Last edited by PlainBill; 10-18-2009, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X