VIA EPIA-V and Morex PSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIA EPIA-V and Morex PSU

Built a firewall for a friend a few years ago, based on a 533Mhz VIA Epia-V and a Morex case with it's own DC-DC 12v powersupply plus an external AC-DC brick...

The DC-DC PSU had 4 failed 1000uF 6.3v "E.V.A.TOP" capacitors, I replaced them with only 2x 3300uF 6.3v Rubycons, because they where installed in pairs so I think it was ok to do it that way, would have been difficult to fit them otherwise...

The mainboard itself has high quality Sanyo caps by the CPU, and some also spread out... But of course there is also one 1000uF 6.3v GSC capacitor by the external USB port header. I did not swap it out because USB is not in use on this firewall anyway...

The system has been running fanless all this time, it barley gets warm anyway
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 05-11-2014, 08:53 AM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded due to problems with host
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Re: VIA EPIA-V and Morex PSU

My via board had all GSC... Still haven't found the right cpu for it...
    Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Working...
    X