10mm 3300uf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10mm 3300uf?

Does any one know of source for 10mm 3300uf caps? Checked Mouser and Digikey and no luck!

Re: 10mm 3300uf?

UCC KMG series low imp?

Comment

KMG no good. Looks like UCC or Sanyo both have low imp and case size I need. Any good suppliers for these caps?

Comment

I have rubycon mbz series 3300uf 6.3v 10mm. shoot me a PM if you need some.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

PM sent. Thanks.

Comment

My First Post:

Does a 3300 uF 10V and 10mm exist?
            I pulled a few bulged ones out of a power supply but i could not find any replacements in Digikey.

Anyways, nice you meet you all.

Comment

You can get them only in high end, ultra low impedence models from Rubycon, Nichicon, UCC, and Sanyo. You will not find availability in small quantities from any one but Topcat, site administrator, in 6.3v or privately from someone who bought a bunch. PM TC for a price. If you can read Japanese, you can probably order them, but figured that was not an option.

Comment

Re: 10mm 3300uf @ 10V?

Ok,

I saw the postings for the 10mm 3300uF caps at 6.3v, but I need the same size and uF value at 10v. Everyone is right, Digikey is no help. TC (or anyone for that matter), do you know of a source for these little beasties? I only need about a half dozen....

packrat

Comment

use the 6.3v
                  the mfr used 10v because they were cheaper or easier to source.
                  6.3v is overkill on vcore as the highest they will see is 2.8 on an old pentium and most modern chips run less than 1.5.
                  i have subbed 6.3 in hundreds of board recap jobs.had 1 comeback.
                  it was hit by lightning!

Comment

Re: 10mm 3300uf @ 10V?

Well.....

The failed 10v caps (Tocon crap) are actually from a small switch-mode power supply installed in a stand-alone dual-CD-RW audio recorder, not a motherboard or actual PC power supply. This ps generates the typical 3.3v, 5v, and 12v to run the CD drives and the custom A/D conversion board.

Is it typical for the voltages that these caps are exposed to be much higher than the 5v supply? I'm new to switch-mode supplies, so I'm guessing probably, and most likely at a high frequency. This whole unit is crammed onto a 7cm X 13cm PCB and there is NO room for 12.5mm 3300uf 10v caps.

Someone said that either Rubycon or Sanyo makes 3300uF in 10mm. What series? Anyone know of a supplier in the USA that doesn't require a $25 minimum order?

packrat

Comment

packrat you have aproblem!!! I have checked Rubicon, Sanyo, Sanxon and Tocon product specs and none have 3300uF 10V at 10mm. If the unit still operates check the voltage applied to the caps.

You might be faced with dumping unit if you cannot get 12.5mm to fit.
                      Gigabyte EP45-DS3L Ultra Reliable (Power saver)
                      Intel E8400 (3000Mhz) Bios temps. 4096Mb 800Mhz DDR2 Corsair XMS2 4-4-4-12
                      160Gb WD SATAII Server grade
                      Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
                      160Gb WD eSATAII Server grade for backup.
                      Samsung 18x DVD writer
                      Pioneer 16x DVD writer + 6x Dual layer
                      33 way card reader
                      Windows XP Pro SP3
                      Thermaltake Matrix case with 430W Silent Power
                      17" Benq FP737s LCD monitor
                      HP Officejet Pro K5300 with refillable tanks

Comment

Originally posted by davmax
                        You might be faced with dumping unit if you cannot get 12.5mm to fit.
                        You are correct, even I can't get 3300uF 10v 10mm caps in a brand I'd trust. You will be doomed to 12.5. Measure the voltage on their positions, you may be able to use 6.3v caps. I've found this to be true in MANY situations, as most are just VCORE filters and never rise above 2 volts.
                        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                        http://folding.stanford.edu/
                        Team : 49813
                        Join in!!
                        Team Stats

Comment

you can use 6.3 on the +5 and +3.3
                          use 16v on the +12

Comment

Sanyo does make a 10x25mm 3300uF 16v cap. They are used on the 12v side on the Epox 8KRA2I mobo in the WRM circuit...

Sorry, did not ctach the model number when I was recapping that mobo but I think it was MW-WX
                            "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Thanks for that input . But I have scanned all Sanyo caps and cannot find one at 3300u 10V 10mm.

Check link: http://www.secc.co.jp/retri_e/al_rlt_index_e.html
                              Gigabyte EP45-DS3L Ultra Reliable (Power saver)
                              Intel E8400 (3000Mhz) Bios temps. 4096Mb 800Mhz DDR2 Corsair XMS2 4-4-4-12
                              160Gb WD SATAII Server grade
                              Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
                              160Gb WD eSATAII Server grade for backup.
                              Samsung 18x DVD writer
                              Pioneer 16x DVD writer + 6x Dual layer
                              33 way card reader
                              Windows XP Pro SP3
                              Thermaltake Matrix case with 430W Silent Power
                              17" Benq FP737s LCD monitor
                              HP Officejet Pro K5300 with refillable tanks

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson
                                Sanyo does make a 10x25mm 3300uF 16v cap. They are used on the 12v side on the Epox 8KRA2I mobo in the WRM circuit...

Sorry, did not ctach the model number when I was recapping that mobo but I think it was MW-WX
                                10x25mm 3300uF 16v??? I confirm it is fake or not real 16v.......

It is impossible. Would you please take a photo and post here?
                                My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Comment

Nichicon VR is available at 3300/6.3 with 10x20 dimensions. The max. ripple current is about 1 amp, which might be sufficient for non-motherboard applications, even though this is not actually a low-ESR cap.

Comment

I'd put that in - or even use 2200uF instead of 3300 as last resort - certainly better than throwing it away.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxguru
                                      Nichicon VR is available at 3300/6.3 with 10x20 dimensions. The max. ripple current is about 1 amp, which might be sufficient for non-motherboard applications, even though this is not actually a low-ESR cap.
                                      Oh, i see. Yes, it is possible 3300uF 6.3v D10x20 if it is not a low-ESR capacitor.
                                      My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Comment

Hi there!

Well it looks like a couple of you may be right about the voltage range on these caps. After going over all of the traces on the ps, I can now say that all of the exceedingly rare 3300uF 10v, 10mm caps are on the 3.3v and 5v sections. So, while it doesn't give me much headroom, I can use the more popular10mm 6.3v parts. The 12v rail is handled by a 2200uF, 16v item, and there is a litle more physical space to play with here.

Now, seeing as I am so close to the 6.3v rating with my 5v rail, are there any particular brands or series that you would recommend? I've been looking at Mouser (no minimum order), and they seem to favor Xicon for their "low ESR" 'lytics (never heard of them). They also sport Nichicon for their "low impedance" electrolytics.

In my experience, resistance and impedance are two different things, so is this just marketing doublespeak here or is there an electrical difference?
                                        What are some of the other cap brands/series and vendors that you have had positive experiences with?

packrat

Comment

Working...
                                        X