compaq nx8220 smart card problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compaq nx8220 smart card problems

i have compaq nx8220 loptop and wen i power on it its display ,,,insert smart card into a reader

pls can u help me to solve this problems

thanks ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Re: compaq nx8220 smart card problems

this nx series have bugs on board.

try this:
    "try pushing down (not to hard) with your fingers under the 2 alt buttons (not the keybord) until the windows logo shows. worked for me.. "

another bug is not responsive disk. i think the ICH need reball

Comment

if it's like the nc6220 then it's not a bug, it's a fucking stupid design fault.
      you need to be able to do bga reflow to fix this, and you need to ditch the wifi card.

if you remove the wifi card, there is a big chip under it wih silver foil ontop of it.
      that's some lame atempt at a heatsink because they had no space between the chip & wifi card.

you need to remove the foil,
      reflow the chip - it wont need a reball.
      then glue a heatsink on the chip and put he cover back without the wifi.

if you just reflow it without dumping the wifi-card for a heatsink, it will just fail again.

Comment

I think I have seen a "Fix" for this using rubber o rings - not sure how successful it is though.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

it's not a crap solder problem, it's a trapped heat that breaks the solder problem.
          if you bodge it, it will just get worse and also trash the wifi card with the heat!!!

Comment

The majority of the NX and NC series suffer this fault. It will reoccur again after a while. I considered adding a heatsink/retention clamp system for mine but for such an old laptop it's not worth the effort.

As far as I remember it's because the chassis doesn't provide enough support around the ICH chip, allowing it to flex.
            Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Comment

Working...
            X