Clear All

bios hp cq61

hy guys
    can someone help me with a bios file for
    cq61-310sa amd version?

it powers up and the caps lock blink twice

i`m surfing the web maybe i get lucky
    thanks
    Last edited by dj_ricoh; 06-07-2014, 10:04 AM.
    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Re: bios hp cq61

done!
    the hp bios was ok
    now i dont have serial omg ... i hate this day
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dj_ricoh; 06-07-2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Hi mate, You can use DMI tattoo tool to put back s/n and other details into BIOS

Use MS DOS (it can be any bootable DOS program) copy the DMI tool file into a pen drive

Boot the system with MS DOS - select the drive (pen drive) using command line
      eg: CD D: (or) just D: and enter

Once inside the drive go into DMI tool folder

Type: NBDmifit

The software tool take u through the option where you can put the serial and other details back

Cheers
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks!
        good to have the tool!

in leyton London there are few who can do this and bios write so when he came to me; i was the last to try and i make it boot.

the guy did not care because he had problems with the battery so he had to press enter to start the boot.

i quote what he said : GJ with the notebook i don`t mind to press one more enter i just want to surf the web.

he rush me so i can fix it. so next will do it nice!

again thanks for the file

Comment

Hello,

I have the same hp laptop with 2 led blinks. Tried to flash the bios from hp's site but the same. I see that it has 216-0752001 chipset but the error code points to bios corruption. Is yours still working?

Comment

yes!

Comment

These, along with the hp 625s, tend to lose their BIOS when the NB craps out, so it is sometimes necessary to reprogram BIOS after reballing, before it will show video.

The serial numbers and MAC addresses can be written then with the HP 'tattoo' utility as posted above.
              Originally posted by PeteS in CA
              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
              A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Hello there,
                Thanks I will change the chipset then and I will inform you about the result. The odd thing is that I don't want to waste a brand new chip and then remove it again.

Comment

Hi guys.
                  It worked after changing the chipset. Thanks for your help and the DMI tool.

Comment

Great to hear that. Good job!
                    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

hi, i have fixed my g62 after video and nb reballing. ive update to latest bios too, but now i have those missing number and code.i've already put some of the numbers, but for example picd wont get correct telling me wrong data format (i have read it from bottom of notebook) and now when i power on pc , it ask for product configuration and system ct, but in the dmi utility cant find that value.
                      Attached Files

Comment

fixed by putting random value (a my value ere horter then the much pace required to be filled ith thi verion:

edit: need new keyboard a "w" and "s" dont ork annymore....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X