SAMSUNG LED UN325000 PG - vertical lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAMSUNG LED UN325000 PG - vertical lines

My television started presenting lines like shown in the pictures below. The lines move, changing places according to the images on screen, and, sometimes, they disappear completely. Would, perhaps, it be a T-Con issue?
    I appreciate the help.
    Attached Files

Re: SAMSUNG LED UN325000 PG - vertical lines

I would first try and re seat the cable between the main board and T con board or wiggle them with tv on and see if it affects picture.
    It doesn't seem a tab bonding issue at first glance to me,but watch this video to learn about tab bonding issue,just in case

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=purk_SyiT44

I realize you're not having the exact same picture distortion but they vary and its a good vid on what to do with it...
    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Hello, martino. Thanks for your help. I tried following the steps on the video you sent me, but, unfortunately, it didn't work.
      I'll wait and see if anyone can give me another idea, 'cause I don't think I'll manage to solve this one on my own.

Comment

Does anyone have another idea that might help me?

Comment

Possibly a main board fault. Is it the same on all inputs ?

By the way, you are missing a letter in the model number I think. UN32x5000... what series is this ?

Comment

Thanks, mmartell. Yes, it's the same in all inputs. I'd just like to be sure it's not a screen issue, because in Brazil it's cheaper to just buy a new TV.
            The Model Code is: UN32D5000PGXZD. The version is: KS24.

Comment

I can't be definitive on it but there are some who's knowledge runs deeper. I'd wait for them to chime in for you.

Comment

Looks like a bad LCD panel to me. You can try checking some voltages on the t-con board, if you can provide a picture of it I will try and highlight them. But having seen this before with no repair success, I suspect the actual LCD panel is bad.

This week, must have been FOUR Samsung D series TVs with bad panels!!
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hello, tom66!
                  I just hope it's a fixable issue. That's a picture of my T-Con board. Thanks for the attention!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I searched online and found a youtube video (check the link below). I decided to give it a shot. First, I disconnected a flat cable, cut a piece of electrical tape and put it in different positions in the flat cable, 'til the issue was gone. I only had to re-do the process in the other flat cable, and it was done.
                    I'd like to know what happened. Does anyone have a clue why it worked? Does this prove it was a T-Con Board issue?
                    I'm attaching a few images of the procedure and the end result. The video link also follows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNgESNOtCoY
                    Thanks for the help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, very interesting - perhaps a loose connection at that point? You could confirm this theory: without the tape, try pressing down on that area of the ribbon, or pulling up slightly.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I tried all procedures you suggested, tom66, but the lines only appeared again. They disappeared when I put the tape back on.

Comment

Well, it is good news. Let us know if it holds. I can only see VCOM labels there; maybe VCOM voltage going bad or connection coming loose causes problems, but I do not know.

Comment

If they were moving wouldn't it be a t con issue since it's not sending the correct signal down each row. If the lines didn't move then it would be easy to say its the tab bonding.

Comment

I've had panel faults that move, too. It's not conclusive either way.

Comment

Hey, guys! I'm back with updates on my t.v. status. It was functioning perfectly up until last week, when the screen turned black and the image faded to nothing. I noticed that when I turned the T.V. on, the SAMSUNG logo doesn't appear anymore, there are green vertical lines, and the sound is still working.The LED lights are also working properly.
                                That being said, I managed to buy a new T-CON board and replace the old one with it, but nothing changed. Could the issue be with the power supply unit or the main board?
                                Thanks for the support.

Comment

Today, I've gotten some free time, and was able to assess my TV situation.
                                  I removed the power supply and measured the electric tension in several places - A5V, B13V, B5V etc. - , and the tension was oscillating between 0 and the expected value for that specific spot. For instance, the A5V kept reading 0 to 5, then back to 0. I noticed the maximum voltage for the LED bar wouldn't be any higher than around 90,0V. The power supply's model is BN44_00460A.
                                  Could anyone possibly help me?
                                  Thank you!

Comment

I still wasn't able to solve my TV issue. I've made a video taking measurements. If anyone can help me, I'll appreciate it very much.
                                    Here's the link:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rTp...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Working...
                                    X