Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Shock! GSC Returned!! GSC=Evercon=SACON=apsun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Shock! GSC Returned!! GSC=Evercon=SACON=apsun?

This is an accident stroy. Early of February 2007, i searched this Japanese web site (http://capacitor.web.fc2.com) relatived many informations about caps brand in the market. This is a very interesting site and nice.

When i viewed the king of badcaps brand "GSC", i am surprising! Evercon is the changed name of GSC. This is my first surprising of this matter.

Here is the photos and link.

http://capacitor.web.fc2.com/fghij.html#gsc
    http://capacitor.web.fc2.com/abcde.html#evercon

Japanese discovered Evercon's internal documents showed the address, telephone and fax numbers are exactly same as GSC. Besides, they want to conceal all the histroy of GSC and Evercon. Time of appear in market for "Evercon" brand is follow the closed time of GSC.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by willawake; 02-23-2007, 12:14 AM. Reason: edit URL mistake
    My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Re: Big Shock! GSC Returned!! GSC=Evercon=SACON=apsun?

This is a recently L775 mothbaord from Asrock, model: ConRoe865. I bought this mothbaord on end of January 2007, many Evercon caps on this mothbaord, and i have started to doubt it is very like GSC, especially series number "LE". It is really very very like GSC style. I take a photo here.
    Attached Files

Comment

The Japanese web site proved Evercon = GSC, it is true. Then, i remember that i have made a thread (http://capsmod.net/forum/viewthr ... amp;extra=page%3D1) in previous period. That mothbaord have some Evercon and SACON.

I am surprising that SACON seems come from same factory of Evercon! This is my second surprising. Photos are here.
      Attached Files

Comment

Last week, i received a new latest AM2 mothbaord (ATI 690G chipset). This is Jetway OEM M2A692-GHG. I found a new brand "apsun" on this motherboard, it is very very like SACON and Evercon!!

This is my third surprising. Now, we don't need to see the brand name of silver caps first. We see the lot number of "apsun" and "Evercon"........... "apsun" is E60D and "Evercon" is E60A", how come!! How to explain and how to trust them are not come from same factory?! Any comments, guys?

I think i am the first person to point out this matter in the world at this moment.
        Attached Files

Comment

great research Joe!

i was interested to know connection between http://www.gensales.com.tw/ and GSC but indeed GSC was always Gen Sales Electronic Co. Looks like they were selling GSC and Evercon side by side for a while.

what is interesting about the gensales.com.tw site and also that now gsc-cap.com.tw is not working any more is that on gensales they show specification sheet for capacitor but there is no brand on the sheet just LF series or LE series etc.

from what you said looks like they will offer the capacitors with different brands but same capacitor.....
          Attached Files
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

The Asrock Conrohe945 is equiped with Evercon too (if not all new Asrock boards are full of them), so may be we will see the whole story repeat again lol.
            May be, they can make more durable caps today, but i have some doubths atm.

Comment

Originally posted by willawake
              great research Joe!

i was interested to know connection between http://www.gensales.com.tw/ and GSC but indeed GSC was always Gen Sales Electronic Co. Looks like they were selling GSC and Evercon side by side for a while.

what is interesting about the gensales.com.tw site and also that now gsc-cap.com.tw is not working any more is that on gensales they show specification sheet for capacitor but there is no brand on the sheet just LF series or LE series etc.

from what you said looks like they will offer the capacitors with different brands but same capacitor.....

Thanks, willawakw.

Very intresting and a good evidence!!

Comment

There's a strange appropriate symmetry in the name "Evercon".
                PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Very nice find Big Pope!!!

And just wow, PeteS, nice one!

Just to help clarify it for some people not speaking native English, the name Evercon could be broken down into "ever" as in forever and "con" as in to fool someone...

I'm sure it was not by mistake
                  "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

rofl, i have deciphered the "Ever" just by myself, but i missed the con and it`s meaning..... it seems that they do not even hide their mission...

Comment

I got few of these "NEW" Evercon on my video card - Gigabyte 7300GT. These have 100uf 10V capacities. I wonder if they are any harm. It's odd to have these small caps there. It's right beside the video chipset so it's hot there. Are they some sort of filter cap? There are plenty large ones already. Wat's the deal with gigabyte sqeezing 3 of these garbage.

http://product.pcpop.com/000030463/P...000199146.html

Unfortunately, those 3 little caps are not nichicons in my case.

Comment

Re: the APSUN caps. Looking at the logo, are you sure it's not CAPSUN? The large arc going round looks almost like it's meant to be a C as part of the name, and indeed I've seen similar designs on many other things.
                        You know there's something wrong when you open your PC and it has vented Rubycons...

Comment

Whilst it sis perhaps a big shock to discover GSC return as a new brand it is entirely possible that they now use the correct electrolyte and the caps are greatly improved. No company wanting to remain in business would make a fresh start with the same problem. Food for thought and time will tell.
                          Gigabyte EP45-DS3L Ultra Reliable (Power saver)
                          Intel E8400 (3000Mhz) Bios temps. 4096Mb 800Mhz DDR2 Corsair XMS2 4-4-4-12
                          160Gb WD SATAII Server grade
                          Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
                          160Gb WD eSATAII Server grade for backup.
                          Samsung 18x DVD writer
                          Pioneer 16x DVD writer + 6x Dual layer
                          33 way card reader
                          Windows XP Pro SP3
                          Thermaltake Matrix case with 430W Silent Power
                          17" Benq FP737s LCD monitor
                          HP Officejet Pro K5300 with refillable tanks

Comment

since i have seen plenty of popped evercon i think what was posted earlier is correct.
                            everCON.

Comment

This Japanese website would be a great help to identifying unknown capacitor brands, not to mention the bad ones!
                              My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

GSC has such a bad reputation associated with it, what other alternative would they really have but to change the name.... LOL... Although, a new name doesn't change what's inside.

Excellent read Joe, thanks for posting that!
                                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                                Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                                http://folding.stanford.edu/
                                Team : 49813
                                Join in!!
                                Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Tom41
                                  Re: the APSUN caps. Looking at the logo, are you sure it's not CAPSUN? The large arc going round looks almost like it's meant to be a C as part of the name, and indeed I've seen similar designs on many other things.
                                  Yes, Capsun is correct, not apsun. Thanks you for your correction, details --> http://capacitor.web.fc2.com/special2.html

Comment

there is a Meditech Partinity Conroe 570SLI Magic with capsun, samyoung, sacon on this korean page
                                    http://www.gameshot.net/common/con_v...ntra_pg=3&pg=1

also lelon OCRZ polymer...(all the kids will mistake them for chemicon with same colors....)
                                    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Well, i do not belive that it`s only the elektrolyt.
                                      From my point of view it depends on the purity and quality of the raw materials and the ability to test and verify this.
                                      And of course, some QS testing is needed too.
                                      Now, all this can not be done for free, thus it is not possible to make good caps for nothing.
                                      And as we see, those Evercon are only used by companies, where it is obviousely, that they have to fight for each cent (and sometimes even Asus bosses needs a new car....)
                                      For me, this is not an indicator for new good quality caps from Evercon.

I think, as long as there is the urgend need of some companies for capacitors cheap and bad as one could expect, sutch caps like Fuhiyyu and GSC will always be there.
                                      May be the people in charge are knowing this, and may be they used the name Evercon for an purpose.
                                      There are many product, withouth any purpose, but cheap. And thats thereason why theyre produced and marketed, just for the bin.

Comment

Well, as we found out in this thread some companies will just keep changing names to sell their crap, referring to the "Deer" powersupply PCB's....

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1326
                                        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
                                        X