Samsung UN60EH6050F Sound-no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN60EH6050F Sound-no picture

I had the same issue, ordered a T CON from a TV shop for US$40 delivered to me in Vancouver, Canada, installed it last night and VOILA! 60 inch Samsung fixed ! Thanks for all your valuable help !

Comment

Thanks for the reports on the repair, they must have lots of T-CON board failures.
      Never stop learning
      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hey there, I'm also recent having the issue of no picture but sound is fine. I replaced the Tcon board, but no change. Any advice at this point would be greatly appreciated. TV is only 2 1/2 yrs old.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Yoda View Post
          Hey there, I'm also recent having the issue of no picture but sound is fine. I replaced the Tcon board, but no change. Any advice at this point would be greatly appreciated. TV is only 2 1/2 yrs old.
          Did you read the thread and take any Voltage readings before replacing the T-CON board?
          Same exact TV and model and same T-CON board?
          Never stop learning

Comment

I just finally dug out my volt meter yesterday, and plan on taking readings later today.
            And yes, the model is exactly the same one, 6 months out of warranty.

Comment

chris, it sounds simular to my case but if i may ask were you able to access your tv's menu? i have a dimm blue-ish backlight with sound but no image and no visible menu on the screen. was this your case as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris24 View Post
                Hello,

I have a Samsung LED UN60EH6050 that is producing sound but no picture. The panel is glowing a tinted black/grey, and flickers when changing channels etc. The TV was working perfectly, turned it off for dinner, turned it on later that night with the symptoms. No pop or clicking sound-and otherwise it operates normal, only now it glows dark with no picture.

TV is 4 months out of warranty so Samsung offered to cover "parts," however local technician wants to charge flat rate repair $205 (all labor).

Before I rip open the back and start testing things, wanted to get your ideas on possible fault (Tcon, main board, panel) and whether I should just go with local tech. I have an inexpensive meter, and I repaired a Phillips 42" plasma about 3 years ago (first timer). My fear is if it is the panel, the tech says the flat rate is out the window. Perhaps if I figured out what was wrong, Samsung could just send me the parts....

Thanks for looking, and I will post pics of boards etc. once we decide if that is the route to go.
                I have the same issue with my Samsung 60'' LED, model #UN60EH6050F, turned off power and than powered back on only to have sound & backlight, but no video... contacted Samsung tech support and they denied any problem with Tcon or voltage regulators. (even after telling them when I did a Google search on "Samsung 60'' HDTV model #UN60EH6050 sound, no picture) it resulted in over 2 THOUSAND posted results! (that's how I found this forum. I just purchased a multi-meter on Amazon and will start troubleshooting with the information posted here. Thanks! Danimal

Comment

Sounds like a T-CON problem or main board. Check the power toward T-CON from mainboard. It's so sad that manufacturers are making these boards with craps these days. So many of them fail to work a few months after warranty.

Comment

Piling on to an old thread....researching my moms TV problem (same exact Samsung TV....UN60EH6050F).....Symptoms and from everything I have read points to the T-Con board.

One curiosity....Removed the back panel to access the T-con board....There was a metal shield covering the T-con board.

There was about a 5" piece of tape attached to the back of the shield and to one of the ribbon cables....I left the tape attached to the ribbon cable but peeled the tape off from the back of the metal shield....The tape did not come off clean...it kind of tore in half leaving the adhesion side stuck to the shield on the top part of the tape left with the ribbon cable....I don't think it will re-stick on its own....( I could lay it back on the shield and put clear tape on top to hold it in place)

Does this tape serve a purpose?....If so...Is it a special kind of tape?

I did not have a multi-meter to check the board but based on what I am reading...I suspect I have about a 90% chance of a defective T-con board......The board is being taken to someone that may be able to bench test the board, but most likely will source a replacement

Comment

Originally posted by KGoose View Post
                      Piling on to an old thread....researching my moms TV problem (same exact Samsung TV....UN60EH6050F).....Symptoms and from everything I have read points to the T-Con board.

One curiosity....Removed the back panel to access the T-con board....There was a metal shield covering the T-con board.

There was about a 5" piece of tape attached to the back of the shield and to one of the ribbon cables....I left the tape attached to the ribbon cable but peeled the tape off from the back of the metal shield....The tape did not come off clean...it kind of tore in half leaving the adhesion side stuck to the shield on the top part of the tape left with the ribbon cable....I don't think it will re-stick on its own....( I could lay it back on the shield and put clear tape on top to hold it in place)

Does this tape serve a purpose?....If so...Is it a special kind of tape?

I did not have a multi-meter to check the board but based on what I am reading...I suspect I have about a 90% chance of a defective T-con board......The board is being taken to someone that may be able to bench test the board, but most likely will source a replacement
                      Sorry for bumping old thread.
                      Did you get the problem fix? I am having this problem with the exact Samsung UN60EH6050F.

Comment

i have the same problem and hope you can help.

Samsung UN60EH6050F, TCON BOARD BN94-05549J

voltage regulator (VR) - total number = 3 - pins pointing down 1-2-3 left to right

I believe the problem lies with the tcon board as the TV exhibits the typical symptoms, back lights are on, screen is dimly lighted, greyish blue.

All the VRs have three lines of code. The first line has the symbol similar to "CII" but the "C" is rotated to the left on the vertical axis and each "i" has gap in the middle. The second line has 4 numbers followed by "Z". The last line has 4 numbers followed by two letters.

i measured the voltages and they are listed below.

VR 1 - IC204: 1117Z 1245DG

pin 1 = 0.27
                        pin 2 = 1.54
                        pin 3 = 3.40

VR 2 - IC601: 17-33Z 1243AG

pin 1 = 0.00
                        pin 2 = 3.32
                        pin 3 = 5.40

VR 3 - IC602: 17-18Z 1243AG

pin 1 = 0.00
                        pin 2 = 1.82
                        pin 3 = 5.40

My questions are:

Which VR is malfunctioning?
                        What kind of VRs are these, specs and manufacturer so i can order them?
                        In a previous posting trying to diagnose the TCON board, it mentions testing the fuse, but i couldn't find the (cylinder) fuse.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by eychin View Post

i measured the voltages and they are listed below.

VR 1 - IC204: 1117Z 1245DG

pin 1 = 0.27
                          pin 2 = 1.54
                          pin 3 = 3.40

VR 2 - IC601: 17-33Z 1243AG

pin 1 = 0.00
                          pin 2 = 3.32
                          pin 3 = 5.40

VR 3 - IC602: 17-18Z 1243AG

pin 1 = 0.00
                          pin 2 = 1.82
                          pin 3 = 5.40

all of your regulators are working correctly.

first one is adjustable, so 1.25v above pin 1
                          second is a 3.3v fixed
                          third is a 1.8v fixed
                          WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

thanks for the quick reply. so if all my voltage regulators are working, what should i test next?

Comment

the first thing that you need to do is check the voltages on the connector tht goes from the ps to the main board.

list as, pin desc, v in stby, v when the power button is pressed.
                              WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

i checked the powerboard. the voltages to the mainboard (they had a legend with specfic voltages) match the legend. The voltages to the led stripes i don't think are fine. the legend was numbered 1 - 9, and coded respectively, D1+, D1+, N.C , D1- , N.C , D2+ , N.C , D2- , and D2- .

With the TV on, and the tab to the stripes connected, the voltages readings on the multimeter was this weird reading "1 . " for #1, 2 and 6 or D1+, D1+ and D2+. (i don't know what "1 . " stands for on the multimeter. I also got 0.00 volts for #5 & 7 or N.C and N.C . Finally i got 26.0 volts for #4, 8 and 9 or D1- , D2- , and D2- . (the backlights can be seen).

With the TV on, but the tab disconnected, i got the same readings of "1 . " for #1, 2 and 6 or D1+, D1+ and D2+. for the rest, i got zero voltages. (the backlights were not lit).

i don't know the normal operating voltages are but 26 volts seems kind of low as i remember one video touting 40 volts to be normal. the fact that the voltages went to zero for D1- , D2- , AND D2- leads me to believe the powerboard is the problem.

please advise.

Comment

'1' means the Voltage is too high for that Volt scale to display.
                                  It looks like you have open circuit in the LED strings.
                                  BTW, the power supply /led driver board P/N is BN44-?????
                                  Last edited by budm; 08-11-2017, 10:52 PM.
                                  Never stop learning

Comment

for full disclosure here are the voltage readings to the main board when tv was powered on:

1. 12.83
                                    2. 2.02
                                    3. 12.83
                                    4. 12.83
                                    5. 12.83
                                    6. 3.00
                                    7. 12.83
                                    8. 0.0
                                    9. 0.0
                                    10. 0.0
                                    11. 5.43
                                    12. 5.43
                                    13. 5.43
                                    14. 3.21

Comment

the powerboard is BN44-00500A.

Comment

It looks like you have open circuit in the LED strings.

I guess this means the led strings are faulty and have to be replaced?

Comment

i came across a video involving a similar TV to mine and the way they checked the voltage to the led strips was different from how i did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgRKJAqYqeo time stamp 2:40

I did it with the negative probe grounded and used the positive to check the various points. They used their probes in the following way: the legend was:

1. D1+
                                          2. D1+
                                          3. NC
                                          4. D1-
                                          5. D1-

They tested points 1 and 5 together (neg on 1 and positive on 5) and then points 2 and 4 together. Should i check the voltage the same way? if i do which points should i check together?

Comment

Working...
                                          X