i inc 28inch monitor no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i inc 28inch monitor no power

I bought a this monitor and it does not power on. No lights no nothing. Please give any info on how to fix it

Re: i inc 28inch monitor no power

open it up check capaitor and voltages from regulators
    if you do not find a problem upload pictures of board

read the section on how to upload pictures

Comment

I think that your monitor and the one in the link I am giving you are the same, yours is manufactured my Hanns G. Read the info in this link and when you open your monitor check the pictures of the power board provided on the link to see if it is the same as yours.
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11329
      Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

i will check.

Comment

Comment

The caps have no bloat.

Comment

Heres another look

Comment

simple things first: check the fuses (those wine-red boxes in your pics)

Comment

First things second. The pics are big. This was my first pic.
                  The main filter cap was around 170v. The six connectors going to the logic board was also checked. On the 5v, I got .1 sometimes .2. The 12v was .1 and then 0 then 2. then 0. I believe this is a cap problem. Also the fuses were good.

If there is any thoughts on this, please let me know. Until I can get the new caps, it kinda of a stand still. I would like to check out the other boards. but without the power board, it will wait.

Comment

Suggest you measure the voltages again, with ONLY the Power board connected,and no others.If you still get no voltages then I would check to make sure the SMPS chip is working.You will need to take photos of the bottom of the Board,and please use the 'managed items' attachment,and not post in line.

Comment

For what it's worth, the symptoms indicate either a bad startup cap, an overload on an output, or a shorted diode.

PlainBill
                      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Here's the pics of the underside of the psb. The readings earlier was w/o the logic board attached. Still no readings at the connector, unless I'm doing something wrong. Here is the pics, again....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Google the datasheet for the SMPS chip, and take readings,unfortunately although the photos are fine, cannot read what it is.

Comment

The two chips in the last pic are as follows: Q150 and Q151 with P4nk602fp ST. There are two more chips along the heat sink wall across from the heat sink with the grated top. They are: U700(STR, w 6252, 0311E). And Q601 with( P10NK602, GE 146) I hope this helps.

Getting worn out lol

Comment

On your photo 3 shows a 8 pin device...thats the one I mean.Also presume you have checked the devices you mentioned on the heatsinks, as without looking for all the details,there are Schottky diodes on there, and if one of them is short cct, will give you your symptoms .

Comment

Are you referring to IC150? I cannot see any written on it. But will look again with bigger eyes.

Comment

Well something happened. I hooked up the logic board and the led lit up. Didn't do a thing to the board. Hmmm. a loose connector?
                                  However I believe there is no power going to the inverter board. Will try what Rtech said to do.

Comment

No IC 601, the smaller one !!

Comment

Ok. The Q601 is a Fairchild chip. FAN6961SYB The data sheet is on this link:
                                      www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/FA/FAN6961.html

It took me awhile but it's there. I believe this is the one.

Thanks again

Comment

If you get the 5v, then the Fairchild part is OK.On the lead that goes from the Power Supply to the Logic card, there is a Legend shown next to it, can only see the first two pins are GND, and and you need to measure what the other ones are,and advise similar to this:-
                                        Pin 1....legend says Gnd.........is gnd
                                        Pin 2 ...legend says Gnd.........is Gnd
                                        Pin 3 ...etc etc
                                        You need to do this, with the board on its own, and then connected to the rest of the boards, but you don't need the screen connected.

Comment

Working...
                                        X