Chimei DAC 19M009 Power supply Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have searched and not found anyone with the issue I am trying to reslove.
    Monitor is dead. no lights, no sound, nothing. I have tested the fuse just under where the power plugs into the board it was blown. then I tested the the bridge rectifier. it was also blown. I tested the P10NK60ZFP and it tests good. I replaced the bridge and the fuse and removed the part P10NK60ZFP. I then pluged it back in and PoP. the fuse blew again. I am not sure where to go from here. any help would be very appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Chimei DAC 19M009 Power supply Problem

I am no expert but it sure looks to me that your small blue ballast ceramic disc capacitors are blown. I would replace all of them and try it again. Of course as everyone on here says also replace all your aluminum electrolytic capacitors also. Read other questions in this section and learn as much as possible about the Al. El. Caps.
    Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

Hard to tell, but that looks like clear silicone on the blue caps. Check the electrolytics, and check the power transistors and diodes for shorts.

Comment

There are several components after the main fuse and prior to the bidge that should be checked:

1) all the components above the ac power connector and to the left of the bridge rectifier. Have you checked them for shorts?

2) there are three surface mount resistors, R145?, R146? and R147? in series across the AC input. Check them for shorts.

Comment

Yes, it is clear like silicone on the blue caps.. I tested R145, R146 and R147 those all tested ok. I tested the bridge again and sure enough one side is shorted. I am going to replace this again. is there something else I should test that could have take this out?

Comment

Originally posted by ntehicks View Post
            Yes, it is clear like silicone on the blue caps.. I tested R145, R146 and R147 those all tested ok. I tested the bridge again and sure enough one side is shorted. I am going to replace this again. is there something else I should test that could have take this out?
            There is a thermistor (the green thing - looks like a cap) in the AC line designed to damp out the initial turn-on surge. Make sure it isn't shorted.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I tested the Thermistor and then went for it. I plugged it in and pushed the power button Yea!!! it works. thanks so much for your help. looks like the monitor won't go to the landfill..

Comment

I tested the Thermistor and then went for it. I plugged it in and pushed the power button Yea!!! it works. thanks so much for your help. looks like the monitor won't go to the landfill..
                Yeah, a successful repair is always fun.

One trick I use on problems like this is to install a light bulb in series with the AC line. This will reduce the initial current surge. If the light bulb flashes to full brightness, then dims, it is likely I have successfully repaired the problem. If the light bulb glows at full brightness, I know there is still a problem.

PlainBill
                For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

hi im having the same problem where i get no power, lucky i found a fuse at c121 that seems dead says my multimeter im wondering if this could be my issue and does anyone know what fuse i need

Comment

Originally posted by muzzammil20 View Post
                    hi im having the same problem where i get no power, lucky i found a fuse at c121 that seems dead says my multimeter im wondering if this could be my issue and does anyone know what fuse i need
                    C121 isn't a fuse, it's a cap.

PlainBill

Comment

srry about that i didn't realise until yesterday and yea it does work but i get no power and what seems like a transformer right by the bridge rectifier makes a weird but faint sound when i plug it in. also when i first pulled this out, there was 3 bad caps so i did replace them but nothing and i did in fact have a 19m010 BF but mine is a 19m009 AF so still i tried putting that in it did turn on then it turned off (not surprised) since they were different models. and i did check the rectifier, its good. help will be appreciated.

Comment

srry about that i didn't realise until yesterday and yea it does work but i get no power and what seems like a transformer right by the bridge rectifier makes a weird but faint sound when i plug it in. also when i first pulled this out, there was 3 bad caps so i did replace them but nothing and i did in fact have a 19m010 BF but mine is a 19m009 AF so still i tried putting that in it did turn on then it turned off (not surprised) since they were different models. and i did check the rectifier, its good. help will be appreciated.
                        When faced with a dead monitor the first step is to check for power at the connector that links the power supply to the signal card. Often the pins are identified. If nothing else, use one of the mounting screws as ground and check the voltage at each pin.

If all voltages read 0, or close to it, my next step is to check the voltage across the large cap, which should be 1.4 times the line (mains) voltage. For 120 VAC, expect 165 VDC. If that is present, I look up the datasheet for the SMPS controller and see what is happening on the Vcc pin.

For more specific help, start by providing clear pictures of the top and bottom of your power supply.

PlainBill

Comment

so i get no voltage at the pins, the cap is close to your voltage predictions and what is the Vcc? :P ill post pictures tomorrow, if you can can u use the other pictures in the thread thx. and I really appreciate your help Bill.

Comment

so i get no voltage at the pins, the cap is close to your voltage predictions and what is the Vcc? :P ill post pictures tomorrow, if you can can u use the other pictures in the thread thx. and I really appreciate your help Bill.
                            That was shorthand to see how much you know. After checking the filtered mains voltage and verifying no output an experienced tech will look at the board, locate the SMPS controller (usually an 8 pin IC, near the SMPS transformer), look up the datasheet, and identify the power input pin - Vcc.

Since the voltage on the large cap is correct, we know the AC input section and bridge rectifier are good AND the power FET is not shorted. Since there is no DC output, we know the problem must be between the large cap and the output.

Measuring Vcc on the SMPS controllers gives us a lot of clues as to the nature of the problem.

PlainBill

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
                              That was shorthand to see how much you know. After checking the filtered mains voltage and verifying no output an experienced tech will look at the board, locate the SMPS controller (usually an 8 pin IC, near the SMPS transformer), look up the datasheet, and identify the power input pin - Vcc.

Since the voltage on the large cap is correct, we know the AC input section and bridge rectifier are good AND the power FET is not shorted. Since there is no DC output, we know the problem must be between the large cap and the output.

Measuring Vcc on the SMPS controllers gives us a lot of clues as to the nature of the problem.

PlainBill
                              There are also some very small fuses on the green side of the power supply; I can see one with a "w" stamped on it. It is next to the connector from P/S to the signal card.
                              On some monitors there is a 2A fuse marked "S" next to the mystery 8 pin SMD controller, I can't tell if this board has it.
                              Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

I have searched and not found anyone with the issue I am trying to reslove.
                                Monitor is dead. no lights, no sound, nothing. I have tested the fuse just under where the power plugs into the board it was blown. then I tested the the bridge rectifier. it was also blown. I tested the P10NK60ZFP and it tests good. I replaced the bridge and the fuse and removed the part P10NK60ZFP. I then pluged it back in and PoP. the fuse blew again. I am not sure where to go from here. any help would be very appreciated.
                                can you please tell me how you tested the P10NK60ZFP? im troubleshooting my phillips dps182bp a power board

Comment

http://www.4qdtec.com/mostest.html

Comment

You can look for short first by measuring S & D, G & S, G & D using your Ohm meter. Tell us the readings.
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hello people. Please have this atached DAC-19M009 Power supply board was damaged the ci and i do not know which reference it. I ask someone to help me identify . I await your response please.

for more photos is on the link below:

https://www.google.co.mz/search?q=DA...06CLqIYD09M%3A
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi all People. I am new on this forum. I have problem with my acer LCD-monitor. When I put it on it working 5-10 sec. and then it goes black. If I start it upp again it working some sec. again. This I can do several times. I have understand that it could be problem with the MOS P605. but it could be fine to have the electric schema for the board. Anybody how know where to find that? And where could I bye the MOS fastest possible.

Comment

Working...
                                        X