I got myself a mousepad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got myself a mousepad!

After using various surfaces for years, with various degrees of (in)success, i finally decided to buy a dedicated gaming mousepad. I hardly game anymore, but it's f'n annoying when i'm photoshoppin' something and the mouse skips half an inch.

After hunting around i bought this one. And man... does it make a world of difference, even with my old generic A4Tech optical mouse that looks like it's been thru war.
    • It's big.
    • It's smooth.
    • It can be rolled up and it flexes back to its original shape (that's how it came packaged btw).
    • It doesn't slide off the desk (not like it'd be a problem, as its size basically guarantees that the right side of the keyboard will sit on it).
    • It doesn't make my hand sweaty.

I love it. It's one of those things that once you have, you can't figure out how you did without. And btw, i paid 1 euro less than the recommended price displayed on the site.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Re: I got myself a mousepad!

Nice pad unique,
    I did without one for a long time, but found that:
    a) clogged gliders with dirt faster than with pad
    b) breaks down finishes of wood surfaces

+1 -> After getting a new one, I wondered how I ever got along without it!
    If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, you'd better vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot!

Comment

Most places look at you like you've grown a second head when you ask for one. A mouse what? Then the only one they have is 3/4 covered when I put my hand on it and is typically monkey vomit green or has a design that could cause an epileptic fit.

What about plain blue or black?
      veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
        I've got a "plain blue" cloth one. It's nothing special, but it's pretty good. Also have a "First Virginia Bank" cloth one. Not sure where I got that one, I think it was some weird promotion or speech in middle school .
        Both of these have been washed a few times now. Need to do it again sometime soon - they are getting nice and shiny-brown near the wrist area.

I don't recommend the plastic mouse pads, though. Got one with my family's computer a few years ago. After a while, it became all bent out of shape and the mouse would go either everywhere or nowhere. Counter-Strike was impossible.

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3
        It's one of those things that once you have, you can't figure out how you did without.
        I've always used a mouse pad .

As for Photoshop - try a cheap optical on a slightly reflective surface. You will want to cry eventually.

Comment

I use a tool mat that I got from a supplier when the company i was working for bought some new breakers. The mat is massive I use it in the garage on my pc out there. It glides very nice and in 5 years I have worn it smooth on one side so I have had to spin it. It's so big that my keyboard fits on top of it and I still have enough room to mouse on it. The best mousepad I have ever owned which is nuts because I have spent some pretty big money on them in the past.

Comment

Well, this one is plain black. With the blue and white logo, but it's so big you can hide the part with the logo if so you wish.

Originally posted by momaka View Post
            As for Photoshop - try a cheap optical on a slightly reflective surface. You will want to cry eventually.
            Don't remind me.

@ gerg: At my grandparents' place i have a red one with white spots. As you can guess, i made it myself. Some old cloth wrapped around a magazine and sewn on the sides. And then taped because i eventually got bored of sewing. Works great. But this one is bigger.
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

By converter, that's over $24 US, not including shipping.

Budget slams to a halt at $5. It's a piece of foam rubber with cloth glued to it. :|
              veritas odium parit

Comment

By converter, that's over $24 US, not including shipping.
                Bought locally. And i didn't know $$ went THAT low. Plus, it also matters what kind of cloth is on it, you can't mouse on a blanket for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                  At my grandparents' place i have a red one with white spots. As you can guess, i made it myself. Some old cloth wrapped around a magazine and sewn on the sides. And then taped because i eventually got bored of sewing. Works great. But this one is bigger.

Definitely need to see pictures of this.

Sounds like my wool-padded headphones (except they actually look pretty cool) - one is red, the other is white. My grandma knitted those for me when she saw the old foam pads were torn to pieces. She didn't have any wool on hand other than a small spool of red and white (they were just enough for the headphone pads). So that's why one pad is red now and the other is white. Very comfortable, though. I wear them almost every day.

Originally posted by Toasty
                  Budget slams to a halt at $5. It's a piece of foam rubber with cloth glued to it. :|
                  I agree with that - if it's over $5, it better be gold plated or something like that .

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3
                  And i didn't know $$ went THAT low.
                  Yeah, good old George Washington has seen better days.
                  Last edited by momaka; 06-30-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Definitely need to see pictures of this.
                    Leaving for my grandparents' place tomorrow. I will post pics of it.

I agree with that - if it's over $5, it better be gold plated or something like that
                    I'm cheap too, but the one thing i hate the most is a half-assed job. When i do something, i'd rather get it done for good.

Comment

I have not used a mousepad in years!
                      Sometimes gets annoying not having one (especially when crud builds on the table). Unfortunetly I have limited room for a mousepad on my current desk.

Comment

Working...
                      X