X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi
    Dave from NZ 20 something years repairing TV's VCR's and microwaves, Job suddenly dried up so went to fixing satellite set top boxes, after 5 years became a sex industry worker, Pay per view movies in hotels ;-) including adult movies, They are the ones that made the money, Then back to fixing set top boxes. I have visited here often for some years, You got me, I wanted to view some pictures.
    Currently trying to fix some 180w FSP small form factor PSU's Found the cct here, https://www.rankwise.net/report/dany...2Fs_atx03b.png
    A few differences in values, but near enough.
    Mostly bulging Teapo, OST, Jamicon and one other I can't think of now. All general purpose 105 degree.
    Replacing using Rubycon ZLS and ZLJ, Element 14 have in a size to fit.
    Apart from the obvious large caps, one turning off after a twitch of the fans was a 100uf 25v on the 12v standby, and open caps on the base of the switching transistors, and yes the transistors were blown.
    1 or 2 cooked because the fan had long since seized.
    Well I guess that is enough intro.

Comment

Hi. I do general repairs on PCs and Laptops and I'm looking to broaden my knowledge and skills of board-level repairs. Hopefully I can contribute something on the way.

Comment

Hello, New member here.

I'm From Toronto, Ontario. Currently vacationing in the north. I have been repairing electronics for almost 20 years. I mostly do televisions, cell phones, computers, air conditioners. Anything I can get my hands on really.

I found this forum and found a lot of the information here valuable so I decided to register because it would be great to get in on the discussion. Can't really do that when you're a lurker.

So that a bit about myself. I'm quite sure I'll be a frequent poster here.

Comment

I'm an ancient electronics engineer fixing whatever comes in the door. More comfortable with PCs than TVs. I'm really impressed by the generosity of the contributors here - there are some great exchanges! Many thanks for all the hard work being shared.....

Comment

hi everybody,
            glad to have so much useful information at my fingertips. joined a few months back when i needed to update my dell laptops bios with a raspi and since then have been lurking and learning. thank you everybody who contributes and makes this site what it is. The best.
            cheers to you all,
            tommy

Comment

Hi, let me introduce myself.

My name is Weeb0 and I am an electronic engineer. I have learned computer science since I am very young by myself. Yes, I already did delete * in the root of the DOS and was curious to understand why the computer stopped working... In fact, I was seeing my brother working in the prompt and I was wondering how the OS knew what I wanted to delete ... Sometimes I had learned a lot the hard way!! At least, I am not afraid to to try !!

Sorry for my bad english, as you can guess, english is not my first language. As in other field, I want to learn so I would appreciate to learn that from you!

In my work, I am in charge of the design of embedded system. I love digital low frequency systems, but have to work with the analog dimension as well...

I learned the existence of this forum looking to repair my Sony kdl-32BX300. I hope I will be able to help other with their problems !

Thank you for reading my introduction post!

Comment

Hello,
                i am new here and seeking knowledge needed to repair my dell xps 13 9333 which is having bad LED backlight display

Comment

Hello,
                  I live in Belgium, I'm 23 years old and I like tinkering with stuff.

During the years i learned some basic stuff about repairing pc's (replacing faulthy PCI cards etc, reinstalling windows, ...)

Now in search of the knowledge to see if i can resurrect a laptop that's not getting power while having tested 2 working chargers (lights on, working on another laptop etc.) I sumbled across this forum hoping to find the knowledge i need.

Comment

Hi all and greetings, I'm Seamie from Ireland (Northern of, to be more specific).

Just found this forum and hoping it to be the God Send that I could really do with given that proper bonafide technical advice, resources and good folk are hard to come back now!

I will admit, I'm not the worlds biggest fan of forums, and at almost 41 years of age, I've done well to generally avoid them over my 20+ years of IT as a career.
                    After reading through most of the introductions here though, I feel like I'm in good company, given that we mostly seem to come from the same lineage of Amstrad, Spectrum and Commodore computers before heading into he world of IBM and Windows thereafter

A little about what I do would be the order of the day I guess:

I've been self employed for about 5 or 6 years now, running a pretty comprehensive IT-Go-To service here in my small home town called Techyback (the business, not the town!). General day to day stuff around here would be laptop repair (screens, keyboards, HDD's and of course DC jacks) as well as Windows servicing or cleanups due to all manner of problems.

My main weapons of choice here in my workshop/office are a BlackJack BK5050 Airflow/Soldering station (awesome kit that I would have paid twice the money for and wouldn't be without), an ACHI IR6500 Reflow station (Its cheap, but gets the job done so long as you meet it half way with your expectations) and a VC97+ MultiMeter (which may find its way to the bin REAL soon in favour of a real MultiMeter!!)

So thats us all up to speed I'd reckon!

Glad to be here and looking forward to helping out where I can.

Comment

New member.....trying to post problem.....am I in right spot ?

Comment

Hi. I have been living in Canada's capital, Ottawa for four years now. I have a wife from Honduras and three children. I, myself, emigrated from the Netherlands with my parents many years ago.

I stumbled upon this site while looking for information on repairing my TV. It is such a waste to have to throw out something just because one thing is broken, but usually the parts/labour are too expensive to justify repairing it.

However, not everyone is an expert in everything. I am not an electronics expert but have confidence that with the correct knowledge, i can do anything. I am a mechanical technologist with 30 years experience. I have been involved with computers since ~1982, can fix cars, build houses and play guitar (not at the same time though).

I see that there are some very knowledgeable people here who hold respectful conversations and thought that joining this community would be useful to me (though I may not be of use to anyone as I really know very little about the inner workings of electronics).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

Hi.

My name is Anthony. I repair MacBook LCDs. I am evolving towards component level repairs.

Comment

Hello from PA,

I'm looking for some help with our 13 month old Samsung TV which is going black during video game play. I'll post my own thread when I get access. Thinking of buying a set of repair boards off eBay, some sort of power supply issue or heat related problem but I'm hoping to get some expert advice.

I found a lot of dreaded bad caps info online about Samsung TVs but this is not a startup problem. I can resolder things, got a degree in CE/EE long ago but I'm a software guy these days.

Comment

Hello, came here seeking help troubleshooting a power issue on an RCA LCD tv, thanks for the resource!

Comment

Hi I'm satinsrt new to the forum, hope to gain some good knowledge about tv repair

Comment

Hi- I'm Mark. I'm trying to repair my LG 60PB5600 since I can't replace it.

Comment

We are the world.... to helping each other.

Comment

Hello!
                                      Found myself here trying to fix an HP 2509 monitor. Really hope I can do it...

Comment

Hi, I'm Ravnis. My dad was an engineer and taught me how to use a multimeter and ohms law, but that is about the extent of my training. I found this forum while searching to fix a problem with my son's Toshiba tv that the screen went black, but has sound. I've swapped boards on pc's and just recently changed the screen on an Iphone 5s, so I hope with help and information on this board I can find a solution.

Comment

Hi. Neighbour gave me a broken Samsung plasma that I would like to tinker with and resurrect if possible. I own a multi-meter and soldering iron. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X