Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 710n bad image

Hi all! first post
    I have bought a used Samsung Syncmaster 710n, it worked fine for about a day then the image went bad, as you can see in those pictures:

http://*************/photo/my-images...225180753.jpg/
    http://*************/photo/my-images...225183427.jpg/

I was not present when it happened, but I know that it was connected with a bad cable (such as moving it changed from a perfect image to a purple tint), and the power cord was wrongly attached such as ground was not connected. I don't know if that information is useful but better giving more
    What I'd like to know is if it's easily fixable, if it comes from bad caps or what... It's the first time I try such a repair!
    Thanks for your attention!

Re: Samsung 710n bad image

For a number of reasons, I prefer that you upload your photos using the manage attachment feature.

Please post clear focused top down view pictures of all your boards (both sides) following the instructions in my sig file below EXACTLY.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Check the following thread as it might be a similar issue:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18809

I posted pictures of my screen (Samsung SyncMaster Model 731N) and the issue turned out to be a faulty 1.8V voltage regulator on the signal board.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!
        @retiredcaps: I already uploaded these images for using on another forum, and deleted them from my computer. If it's that important I can download them and reupload here. As for the boards photos, it will pass some time since I don't actually have access to it right now.
        @jayoung: yes it's quite similar! Thank you... the difference is that the osd is equally distorted (as you can see in the first image)

Comment

giorgio130 as you can see by the post that jayoung highlighted the clear picture of the signal board allowed us to see exactly what you are dealing with. Without good clear pictures it takes a lot longer to talk things through and at worst some people might skip through the post and move on to the next one.

when you say you had a bad cable are the pictures you have uploaded show the image with a new cable?

is the socket loose in anyway as in does the screen have a funny tint when you move the new cable?

other than that in order to help you try and fix this monitor you will need to open it up and take some good pictures. You also mention that this is the first time that you are to attempt a repair. Do you own a multimeter and a soldering iron?
          Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
          Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

The pictures were taken using a new working cable, so it shouldn't be the cause. I've got a soldering iron and a multimeter, I should be able to go through the steps required to replace a bad cap or identifying a failing component. I'll be able to disassemble the unit in a couple weeks, maybe I should have waited before posting but I thought that maybe someone could give me directions based only on the symptoms.

Comment

After about forever, I'm back with the photos of the board
              I didn't take those of the power board because I've swapped it with one that I know for sure it works, and the symptoms persist.
              Thank you for your directions!
              Attached Files

Comment

Thats a bit odd id have expected voltage regulators at
                IC 502 and IC 602 was there never anything on those pads, perhaps they have used different type

what are the part numbers on IC600 and IC501 and IC201 and
                IC 106.

Check the data sheets and if they are voltage regulators see this on how to test.
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=261329
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

IC106: 5AG4? 5A64?
                  IC201: A81SC-Q530
                  IC600: PF4AG FDS 9933A
                  IC601: APL5522-AH70E

No IC501, or at least I couldn't find it. I'll check the manuals.

Comment

http://www.datasheetdir.com/APL5522+LDO-Regulators
                    I could not find some of those so there could be more VRs.
                    I'll check it out.

Comment

I turned it on and it suddenly worked! No problem at all! Maybe some bad cable connection.... Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                      X