This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi! Just getting into the monitor/TV repair hobby and looking for resources!

Comment

Hello All! A newbie from Colorado trying to fix the dim clock display on my frigidaire range. I found this site by searching the Internet trying to solve my problem. It seems like I need to replace some capacitors but unsure which ones. I have read Bluto's posts and threads regarding a similar issue with a different clock oven board. Anyway, I only soldered with my grandfather over 30yrs ago and hopefully I can relearn. Thanks for the inspiration bad caps.net. Lisa

Comment

Re: New Members - range with a dim display

Could anyone out there confirm that the capacitors I should replace to fix my Frigidaire 2002 range dim clock display are the ones I placed a red dot on?
        I am nervous but optimistic about my adventure in repair. I have read posts regarding a similar problem with a different clock board, but would like to hear any wisdom out there. Thanks!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi, also new here.
          having troubles with my Samsung UE40F6400 tv and found alot of info helping me to troubleshoot the issues.
          have basic soldering skills and electrical engineering background. (mostly the 'larger' stuff) and have a career in airport lighting here in Holland.

Comment

Hi! I'm fixing PVR/DVR as a hobby and looking for resources! Please apologize me for future post, my English is not to be the best, not my native language. Have a nice day.

Comment

I'm Rob and I do a lot of computer work. I have replaced caps in computer power supplies, motherboards, a guitar amp, and even a hairy repair of a Tivo power supply. Right now I have a Vizio TV apart.

Comment

Hi. My name is Jew. I am a online gamer and biker by hobby. I like woman and beer too.
                I worked as a computer technician for a couple of years, and decided to get some papers.
                Ironically enough, after I got my papers, I could not find a job for a while, and ended getting hired at a Samsung repair center, in the audio and video department. Well its been 5 years and im tired of replacing entire boards and thought id step up my game. So here I am. May patients be there for those who dare assist me.

Comment

Hey I'm Dave, thanks for this site. Found lots of useful resources on it and look forward to getting some help with TV problems.

Comment

Hello, I'm LindaLou Greetings to all of you

Comment

hello! glad to be a new member, will be reading and searching plenty before asking any questions!

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is fpaone97, I'm an electronic engineer, I'm working since almost 30 year in the flight simulation dept. of the major Italian Aerospace Industry.

Working in flight simulation I made my experience with hardware :
                        processors, computing architecture, avionics interfaces, i.e. Mil-1553,
                        Arinc-429 etc.
                        and software issues:
                        operating systems,.i.e. hard realtime MPX-32, Tru64, Linux,
                        systems administration,
                        programming at system and user level in different languages, i.e. Fortan, C,C++, Ada.

I've always had a great passion for electronics and really enjoy repairing electronics devices.

Okay guys, I do not wanna bore you with my CV.

Greeting to all of you

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images...icon_smile.gif

Comment

Hello, how is everyone?

Comment

Hey there everybody, got here by searching for info on a funai tv, gonna try the solution this forum has on it.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi all, just joined, i only do some repairs every now and then but always looking for new info to help, i certainly dont have any certificates to boost my rep, but good with my hands at least.

Comment

Like to say hello,
                                me, morn started his life in a shell with the Amiga 500A, repaired a broken television with 10, it was my Monitor. This experience was what pushed me over the edge into the electric desaster my parents went through the next years(my teachers as well); no school i wasnt in control of the network, till they cought me and destroyed my highschool graduation right when i got 8een.
                                sry for my bad english ...
                                this forum looks like a great source for knowledge..

Comment

Hey!!!! Name: jbon. Just discovered you while searching "bad caps". Interesting and unique site. Hope to learn tons!

Comment

Hi, my name is Ray,I am 53 yrs. old. I love to fix and work on just about anything. So now days I am fixing TVs, that is what got my here. I want to thank any and all for your time and sharing your knowledge.Wish we had this when I was growing up.I have tinkered with electronics over the years,but worked in construction all my life. So with that being said I am here to learn all I can I have a thirst for learning, cant stand to be bored. lol

Comment

Hello everyone, I just joined & stopped in to say Hi.

Comment

hi friends ,just joined was brought to this part of the net by google as i search for repairing my backlight LED strip part BN96-21460A. i double in electronics and vsats in my spare time.cheers

Comment

Hi to all. Found this site while troubleshooting my BN44-00428A board. These kind of hobbies keep coming back to me when some of home electronics become defective
                                          Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                                          X