This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Oh, and it's pretty amazing that people are collaborating just out of fun and curiosity and help each other - really different from a lot of stuff out there

Comment

Hello Folks -

Craig here I am in Charlotte, NC. I am a mechanical engineer by trade primarily working in automotive systems and HVAC. However, as a natural born tinkerer, I mess around with just about anything that operates. I have a steady supply of customers for my side business repairing or revitalizing everything from TVs, washer / dryers, appliances, and of course automobiles and HVAC. Most of the stuff I work on is older, I will purchase antique appliances and refurbish them for myself as well as to resell on occasion.

Thanks!

Comment

I have read some of the intros and I have to admit, I am not one of you! I am the go-to guy for most of my family so hopefully that counts for something. I'm an Industrial Mechanic / Millwright, have some electronics experience and am quite interested in hobby CNC. That's not why I'm here today though. My parent's plasma tv is acting up and like some others here, I'm looking for a quick fix. Hopefully by posting a video of the symptom that I can't describe and finding that it's definitely ????? board.

Comment

Greetings to all
          First time to any forum so i am hopefully following the rules. I have done alot of different professions over the years and always looking for something new and help others if i can. Tired of seeing good things going into landfills if they can be fixed.

Comment

My name is Andrew and I am from Souther California. I am a mechanic by trade, but fix pretty much anything. Electronics are not my expertise but I am looking forward to learning more. Thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
              Just fumbled on to this website in search for a fix for my TV so hopefully its an easy fix. Hope i can find what im looking for.

Comment

Hey guys my name is Anton and I wanted to get help on this forum!
                I live in Vancouver, Canada but originally from Russia. I am not that good with electricity but know the basics which i still remember from my highschool classes
                I've replaced bad capacitors on my monitor in the past and it was pretty easy but this time I damaged my motherboard so i need help from experts.

Comment

Hi All, my name Har I come from Indonesia I want to learn about handling the laptop problem so please help all.

Comment

Hello badcaps community! My name is Jacob. Every time a friend has a tv that goes bad they like to drop it off at my house to see if I can fix it. A lot of my searches have led me to this site and it seems quite informative. No I have no schooling for any of this just enjoy messing with electronics and whatnot.

Comment

Hello All
                      Been enjoying all the detailed info in these forums it truly is a wealth of information and the community genuinely seems eager to help.

I am just an all around do it yourselfer for lack of a better description. I love to tinker and fix things that break for no reason other than to force me to learn. I look forward to soaking up all the knowledge I can.

Comment

Hi there. I came by this site as I am researching my TV problem and it seems many good people are willing to help and I figured I would try my luck.

Comment

Greetings
                          Have a TV project need help thx

Comment

Hi all,
                            I joined this forum initially to learn more about bios programming and editing etc. I hope I will be able to contribute some knowledge back to others.......once I know what I'm doing....

Comment

Hello,
                              My father told me that I should try to repair things myself.
                              This is what I still do and hope do do for a long time to come.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Constantin.
                                I live in Bucharest, Romania.

Comment

Hey guys. I'm ESinclair in Houston, Texas USA. I have been an electronics tech all my life. I have worked in broadcast radio, industrial air monitoring, general R&D, laboratory test equipment, Industrial robotics (welding) phone systems, cable TV systems, network admin for Banyan Vines, Novell, OS/2, NT, Win2000, I worked installing car audio, home audio video, home automation etc. I'm a HAM radio operator, and race car driver as well.

I'm just glad to be here. I'm going to try and find some answers as to why the backlight on my Sceptre X505BV-FMDR

Comment

Well, I think this forum is a great place for all sort of technicians.

A place like this is very important so all technicians can help fix things so people dont replace it by a new model.

Helps to make the world a better place with less e-waste

And since Iam an technician for 5 years I have to be a part of this

Comment

Hello to all techs. My name is John and I have been repairing TV's for over 25 years. I was introduced to this forum by a friend of mine and I must say it is very informative. I hope to use this for in the near future and hope that I can help anyone you may need assistance. We have a repair shop located in Arkansas and business has been pretty good lately. We fix mostly TV's but also do computers and monitors.

Comment

We are all here for the vital information contained within these virtual walls. This place is like the Library of Congress of board schematics. First of all, I'd like to express my gratitude to the founders of this forum. Without you guys starting this monumental knowledge-base of tech, all of our lives would be so much harder. Thank you for putting in those long nights and weekends before all of this made sense like it does now. I'm sipsip (: I'm a tinkerer. I'm a Baccalaureate degree holder in Computer Graphics from Purdue University. For now, I'm here to find a solution to a problem with my laptop. I'm sure I'll benefit from and be frequently returning to this site in the future for whatever new problem that comes up. Thanks again!

Comment

Hey! Hoping I can get my tv fixed up, and possibly learn a few things along the way.

Comment

Working...
                                          X