• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello

Comment

New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey, I'm from France
      I have always been computer technician, started doing much board level work till a couple years ago. I have some background in electronics laptop schematic reading, I found this GREAT forum
      My kind of place, thanks

Comment

New Member from Outskirts of Santa Cruz, CA

SC Mountains really.

Looking forward to good info on Mac's, etc.
        Put together my first Computer terminal for the Engineering Mainframe at Univ. Cincinnati in about 1979. Started on DSA in Signal Processing on the HP1000's. Yep, old guy.

t.farley@@@@loma

Comment

Hi, I'm a new member from Enfield, CT. On the forum due to my Panasonic 50" Plasma TV blowing up for the second time. First time was SU board, sent it out to be fixed, worked for 6 months. Then it failed again, I believe it to be the SC board now. Sent that out to get fixed, blew up again when reinstalled. Looking forward to learning about these Panasonic plasmas. Thanks for a great forum.

Comment

Greetings from Puerto Rico.
            Trying to fix EAY60968701 with 3 RESITORS. Not good, Not Good...

Comment

Hello! My name is Robert. I am very new to this electronic stuff! I've joined this forum with the hopes of learning enough to fix my electronics.

Comment

Hey Robert, so your the other guy in Arkansas I heard tell about with a computer. Nice to meet you.
                sigpicThe Sky Is Falling

Comment

I am so glad you are all here!
                  My name is Gil, 50+ Australian, Ham radio operator kd4kzh. I fixed my Philips Plasma a few years ago and saw the light.. better to repair than to buy. Also it is great to learn how to protect your investment rather than let the manufacturers take you for a ride. I hope to post something useful in return soon. What I can do immediately is get my friends who are more electronics savvy to join.

Comment

They wouldn't want to many of us folks having them! 8 )

Comment

Got a whole list of things to repair, it good to see that many other poeple like to avoid ewaste too.

I'm a (junior) electronic engineer in real life, but design and repair are two very different things so I need some help.

Comment

Hello everyone found this site while searching for blinking codes for an old Philips LCD TV.Good day to all.

Comment

Hey whats up! Been having issues with my TV so I decided this would be a good thing to go to!

Comment

Hi all. Really great information here.

Comment

hi guys, my name is Gudguy i had little knowledge on computer but i still want to learn from experience technician on these forum.thanks

Comment

Hi everyone, my Creative S750 speaker have no sound now.
                                After searched internet, this site come up.
                                I don't have enough knowledge about electronic stuff, I'm need for help about this issue.
                                I'll post a new thread for detail information.
                                A software developer guy trying to fix electronic hardware

Comment

Greetings, all.
                                  I started lurking in the BadCaps over a year ago when I found it contained a most helpful schematic (Kudos to budm) for an old EMERSON LC320EM9 a friend had given to me because I like to 'tinker' with electronics [including computers and anything else that I can get a chance to 'figure out' how it works].
                                  I had been interested in electronics (vacuum tubes) until I got into 'Data Processing' at the Vocational-Technical school during my senior year of high school (1972-1973), where I had my first hands-on experience with the RCA 301 computer there.
                                  I ended up being a mainframe (IBM System/360) programmer [mostly Assembler Language] and finally got my first PC in spring 1994, a 80486DX2 running MS-DOS and Windows 3.1 on 16MB RAM and one 520MB HDD.
                                  I revived my electronics hobby when the COLORADO backup tape drive went AWOL and I had to return the machine to be fixed, all the while suffering withdrawal from playing solitaire. Since then, I fix everything myself because it's usually quicker [except when waiting on parts] and definitely much more fun for me.
                                  I no longer do programming for a living, but I use most of my non-work time to 'play' with the computers and other electronics I have at the house. At least, it keeps me from wandering the streets at night.
                                  I hope that was not to incoherent. It is difficult to filter individual trains of thoughts at times.

"Let's find out..."

Comment

Hello
                                    Im from Toronto
                                    I am not tech I just like to tinker
                                    and too cheap to pay for some one to fix my stuff for me
                                    plus we are turning into a "through it away and buy a new" culture

Comment

Greetings!

My name is Luke, and I live in St. Louis. I like to fix things and occasionally that sends me into the realm of electronics. I've worked on some computers and some old cameras. Recently, my TV stopped working. So, I am here to see if I can fix it without spending an arm and a leg.

Comment

Hi all , I'm from Lebanon , and i'm a Telecom and Electronics Engineer . I worked for many companies and finally got overwhelmed with the always increasing responsibilities , so i opened a repair shop , where mostly , i repair desktops and laptops these days ..

I read some threads and found some useful stuff .. Factually , no one can say he's professional cause there are always things to discover , so i decided to join..

Comment

Hi all!

Found this forum because I burnt another motherboard (-: at least this time there was no fire

Don't really know what to say. I deal a little with laptops, because I write about these from the gaming aspect.
                                          I have no real electrical knowledge, though I'd like at some point to start and learning how to design electrical stuff, technically

that's all, I guess

Comment

Working...
                                          X