• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just me saying

Hi to all!

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

"Hello. My name is Ron, and I'm an electronics junkie". (Oops, wrong introduction for this kind of self-help group).

... Actually a retired electronics engineer from a major defense contractor, now living in the FL Keys. To keep myself busy when not fishing, I've been dumpster-diving to find & repair PCs/laptops and TVs. So far, I've built or resurrected a bunch of PCs and several LCD TVs, including Dynex, Samsung, Sony and Vizio. The Vizio was a 65" 3D major-score, only a bad TAB on one corner of the screen.

My latest treasure is a 50" Seiki LED tv, and I'm stumped. I can't find much on it, so will ask for the group's help in the Troubleshooting forum.

"Thanks for listening".

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hi, I'm known as cosmicray (both here and elsewhere). This nick was anointed to me by one of my bosses about 30 years ago. My how time flies.

Ray

Comment

Hi folks!

Comment

Hello

Comment

hi

Comment

Intro, live in Texas. Grew up with a mother who was a programmer but always needed help with computer hardware so I started helping. Went from 1 5 1/4 to two until all the way to building a PC from other parts and now moving into other electronics realms. Still learning details about other areas besides PC's and enjoy reading posts on this page.

Comment

Hello. I've perused this site for years for troubleshooting info but am looking to diagnose and possibly repair my VL470M that finally conked out so i needed to register to follow some of the threads. looking forward to figuring out the cause and remedy.

Comment

Hello from Melbourne Australia....just discovered this informative forum community while looking for info on plasma tv problem and gained some good infofrom being a guest. I look forward to attempting to solve my issue in a future thread and hopefully helping others solve theirs.Cheers to all

Comment

Buongiorno a tutti.

Ciao Mario

Comment

Have always loved "tinkering" with electronics. No better feeling than getting a $20 bargain and fixing it yourself. Hope to learn alot

Comment

Hi to all! This is my first post on this forum and I am a newbie in the motherboard component level repair. I do repairs as hobby, I have interest in every aspects of electronics, from the analogic circuits to embedded system. I think to electronic systems as a formidable puzzle to solve. I apologize in advance for my terrible grammatical mistakes.

Comment

Hello all!

Comment

Hey guys, I'm Tony from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I'm just a hobbyist, that likes to fix electronics and build custom things.

So far, I'm still a novice but for my first project, I built a wifi-connected light switch.

I'm just looking to join this community to get your feedback on certain problems I'm stuck on with electronics. Looking through some of the posts, I see that this is a serious forum that I would be happy to contribute to

Best,

Tony

Comment

Gday.

I'm a former computer tech, now developer.
                                  Electronics is a hobby. Most of the time I have these ideas of things I'd like to do but don't know enough.

I found this forum as I recently got a TV and the RF input has broken off and I just want to replace that component. As we know a lot of electronics is just throw away and replace (at least at board level). I hope to learn and be able to actually follow through with some of my ideas.

Comment

Hi! Jacob checking in!

I'm a hobbyist fixing iPhones in his spare time. Completely new to component level repairs, however I hope to learn new stuff!

Comment

Good day,

My name is Kevin, I am a new member to this forum. I run in this forum by accident after searching Google with a problem with my Philips 42" TV Power Suply 715T2454-2.

Kevin

Comment

Hello, I'm here to hopefully resolve an issue I'm having with my TV.

Comment

Hai everybody, I'm YgKremer from the Netherlands. I've been an electronics freak my hole live. Never did anything proffesional with it but i also can't live without electronics.

For hobby en extra money repairing broken tv's , av-receivers and other stuff that interest me.
                                          Every time i needed extra information i stumpled on to this site and love to leurn how to look at problems and solve them.

I hope i can give some help back to you all electronics lovers!

Yuri

Comment

Working...
                                          X